New tab page - Canary vs Dev

Silver Contributor

You may find this interesting so I'm sharing it with you.

Canary is on the left & Dev on the right.  There are some differences betwixt them.

Canary is set for no Feeds; and with Canary, even, scrolling for them is gone..  Although, Canary will not change if the settings are changed.  It used to, but, will not, now.  Stays (stuck) as set.

Dev,  will, still, allow changes. But, it, still, allows scrolling to show Feeds.  And it has a hamburger.  Canary does not; have to > Settings > New page. 

Screenshot (2).png

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

3 Replies

That has to do with a flag, copy and paste this in the omnibox (in Canary):
edge://flags/#use-edge-local-ntp
Disable that flag.

@leopeva64-2_ 

Yes, I know.  I had enabled NTP & did not want it disabled!  But, gave it a try just to see what the results might be.  Now, I'm not happy since, cannot re-enable NTP.  Now, I'll have to take some other thing from the Chrome Store. Oh well, was nice while it lasted.  I do not like the Edge C default New tab page, at all.  There was no problem being shown just, something interesting; sorry you misunderstood.  Anyway, have to find something, now, so I can have a New tab page I can tolerate (again).

Cheers,
thVY64FD02.jpg

Ok, since NTP is dead, now.... instead, I have grabbed this extension from the Chrome Store.  It does the job of making the New tab page subjectively appealing & tolerable.  I tried every one available.  This one does exactly what I wanted, fundamentally.  And, also, it's very easy to use and personalize, has heaps of custom choices and VERY nice features & simple, intuitive functionality.  I highly recommend this one:exclamation_mark:

And Now.jpg
Seriously, if you are looking for a more likable NTP, this is, really, appealing!  It is just great what it offers & what you can do/have with it.  A super alternative to the default NTP.

Great NTP.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg