New features in the Edge insider canary Version 80.0.335.0

MVP
  • 1. New Tracking Prevention option:

Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate

1.png

• 2. Application Guard Prelaunch

If enabled, Microsoft Edge Application Guard will be prelaunched in the background when recently used. – Windows

#edge-wdag-prelaunch

can be enabled from here: edge://flags/

2.png

• 3. Enable Secondary EE for Images that are dragged to Collections

Allows users to have a richer experience when dragging images into collections that are linked to product pages that are supported by Advanced Entity Extraction. – Mac, Windows

#edge-ee-secondary-for-image-drag-drop

also can be enabled from here: edge://flags/

3.png

• 4. Enable Fullscreen Dropdown

Drops down browser frame during browser fullscreen. – Windows

#edge-enable-shy-ui

More info here =>

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Finally-here-the-Real-Full-Screen-Experience-in-E...

12 Replies

People, FYI:

NB: If Strict is selected, Strict InPrivate is automatically turned on along w/ it.

StictInPriv.jpg

Cheers,
Drew

I'm having difficulty getting YouTube TV to work with this build. I'm getting an error "The video format is not supported." error when trying to watch anything on YouTube TV. The previous canary build worked fine.

@joshkerr 

Josh,

I cannot repro this.  YT worked just, at least, for myself, on latest Canary.

Cheers,

@Drew1903 YouTube works just fine. Its YouTube TV that is erroring out. Also I'm testing on a Surface Pro X which is an ARM device. So that might be a difference too. I'm also seeing errors in Amazon Prime Video which previous Canary versions didn't have.

@Drew1903 wrote:

I cannot repro this.  YT worked just, at least, for myself, on latest Canary.

It's YouTube TV, a paid subscription, Not the normal YouTube videos.

@joshkerr 

Right, understood. The ARM may be a factor, true.  I have gone back & tried YT TV.  I couldn't go all the way as it will only use American Zip Codes.  Ergo, all I can say is the site looked ok w/ animated 'demos' running.

Cheers,
Drew

@joshkerr wrote:

YouTube works just fine. Its YouTube TV that is erroring out. Also I'm testing on a Surface Pro X which is an ARM device. So that might be a difference too. I'm also seeing errors in Amazon Prime Video which previous Canary versions didn't have.

Did you enable any new flags or is the default configuration having that problem with Amazon prime and YouTube TV?

because it smells like a DRM problem,

try enabling or disabling these flags and see if it changes anything

in here: edge://flags/

Annotation 2019-11-16 234303.png

@HotCakeX I do not have the widevine option. I tried both enabling and disabling the PlayReady but still got the same problem on both YouTube TV and Amazon Video. Previously I had it set to Default. 

@joshkerr 

@joshkerr wrote:

@HotCakeX I do not have the widevine option. I tried both enabling and disabling the PlayReady but still got the same problem on both YouTube TV and Amazon Video. Previously I had it set to Default. 

Oh so it's unavailable on ARM.

some users previously had similar problem and that flag fixed it for them, but that's unfortunate it's not supported on ARM platform

@HotCakeX I just turned on the use Hardware Acceleration option in Edge Canary build 337 on ARM and now YouTube TV and Amazon Video are working. If I disable the hardware acceleration feature in the browser, both YouTube TV and Amazon Video fail to work. Netflix is still borked.

Oh good, was it disabled by default?