New Features for Collections

Copper Contributor

Collections are such an amazing feature. I hope you guys will make it complete by adding some features that are really needed for using collections on a daily basis.

Some things I believe would help to achieve it's full potential:
- Add a website to a collection through it's url (without having to open it and then add current page)

- Add groups of tabs to collections

- Add window to collection

- Move tabs between collections

- Search all collections, search in collection
- Sub-collections for better organization

- Export collections to bookmarks
- UI option to change view type inside of collections (make them smaller, show only website icon instead of huge thumbnail)

It would be amazing if basically the same features we have for tabs and bookmarks (group, transfer between groups, save window to group, etc) could be in collections. 

The potential for session management is amazing: sort and manage current sessions, save groups and tabs for later, archive for future reference, restore previous session (all tabs of a similar category), bookmark for easy use. Sessions could eventually be merged with bookmarks given enough development. The workflow would be amazing.

There are a lot of other posts talking about features for collections, I'll link some here:
Collections Feature Request: Adding Multiple Tabs To Existing Collection - Microsoft Community Hub
Edge Collections Feature - Signs of Decline vs. Untapped Potential - Microsoft Community Hub

Thanks so much and great work! This will make using edge so amazing.

0 Replies