NEW FEATURE: PDF INKING Improvements - More Colors and Thickness Slider

MVP

dfsfds.png

dfsfdsf.png

This looks so good! loving it

previously we only had one single color and it was blue, weren't able to change thickness.

this is on Edge insider Version 81.0.389.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

p.s it could be a controlled feature rollout. so might or might not be available to everyone.

12 Replies

@HotCakeX  :sad: Not available for me right now. I hope they add an option to highlight freehand. For me, that was the only thing lacking in Edge legacy's pdf reader.   

Try using a VPN (US, UK, etc)
once connected, restart Edge canary twice, wait 5 seconds between each restarts, then you should be seeing this new feature.

and Yes, controlled feature roll outs are in fact based on user's country. i've tested this for months and it's been proven to me 100%.

Other features that were introduced in the latest Edge insider Version 81.0.389.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

These flags: edge://flags/

1. Raw Clipboard
    Allows raw / unsanitized clipboard content to be read and written. See https://github.com/WICG/raw-clipboard-access. – Mac, Windows
    #raw-clipboard
  2. Slow maximum DC interrupt timer
    Slow the maximum interrupt timer on battery power to 8 ms, instead of the default 4 ms. – Windows
    #slow-dc-timer-interrupts-win
  3. Global Media Controls for Cast
    Shows Cast sessions in the Global Media Controls UI. Requires #global-media-controls and #cast-media-route-provider to also be enabled. – Mac, Windows
    #global-media-controls-for-cast
  4. Configures sharing device expiration
    Configures how long after a device was last active that it is eligible for use in sharing features. – Mac, Windows
    #sharing-device-expiration

Can also rename pinned tiles on new tab page in version 81.0.389.0@HotCakeX . Love it! And no more accidentally deleting a tile on touchscreens by touching the "X".

Yeah that's awesome!
though for me they were added in previous version 81.0.387 :)

@HotCakeX great news - that's what i am currently missing most as a surface pro user. how can i get the insider version. see only links to dwonload dev or beta version? is this feature rolled out to germany so far?

@Doepat 

@Doepat wrote:

@HotCakeX great news - that's what i am currently missing most as a surface pro user. how can i get the insider version. see only links to dwonload dev or beta version? is this feature rolled out to germany so far?

Hi,

you can download Canary by searching for phrases like "download Edge canary" or "download edge insider".

here is the download link: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

download the canary channel :)

correction: it's not available in all countries..

at. thanks but i can report here: even in the Canary Version pdf inking in a improved way (more than only blue) is not availabe at least in germany @HotCakeX 

oh I'm sorry, I tried a few countries with VPN and I thought it's available everywhere, i was wrong
This is no longer available in Canary Version 82.0.425.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)!
maybe only this build is an exception. we'll see what happens in the next update.