New Feature in Edge: Provide option to keep specific cookies when closing Edge browser

MVP

This feedback item is now available in Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.470.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Status

Feedback

On this list for

Planned for March

Provide option to keep specific cookies when choosing to clear browsing data on close

19 weeks

edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose

You've allowed the following sites to save and read cookies on your device. Cookies for these sites won't be cleared when you exit the browser.

fdsfsd.png

22 Replies

@HotCakeX   Even though I have the Auto Login box checked, every time I go to Webmail,  instead of automatically logging me in, a message saying an “unhandled error has occurred …” appears.  This started after a recent Windows update.  Auto Login works fine with Firefox & Chrome.   At Cookies and other site data I have entered the URL & turned on the switch.  That didn’t fix anything. In fact another site whose Auto Login was not affected by the Windows update, started requiring it after I had added the webmail URL.  I went back & added the newly affected site under Cookies and other site data, now the auto login works for it, but still not the webmail.
Site permissions & all of the other switches in the column are turned off. I read the thread at:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-feature-in-edge-provide-option-to-keep-specif...  but am still not able to fix the problem, help.  Thanks

@HotCakeX MS Edge Version 113.0.1774.57 does not have this option. You can either keep or remove all cookies when MS Edge closes. 

@Alkis960 

Actually it is still very much there........

Do not clear on close.jpg

Version 115.0.1881.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Dennis5mile