New discover button with the GPT chat and compose feature not working

Copper Contributor

Problem is in the title, every time I click on the Discover button on the sidebar, nothing pops up. It worked for like 2 minutes, then it just died. I reinstalled the dev build, didnt help either.

8 Replies
mark text first and try again. Worked in my case.
I somehow fixed it, might not work for everyone though; Open MS Edge(non-Dev build) while having MS Edge Dev open, then go to the sidebar in MS edge and press on the new Discover, which will open the "This feature is still in development" screen. Now check if it works on MS Edge Dev, If it doesn't, go to the sidebar customization in MS Edge and enable the old Discover. If it still does not work it was probably a fluke on my end...

Exact same issue for me, downloaded the dev browser and it worked for like 5 minutes then it suddenly stopped working.

Edit -
So, I tried reinstalling Edge, and it worked till I attempted to open discover on a new tab (the edge homepage) on a fresh start of edge (this was my second launch of the fresh install), when I clicked the Bing icon only the side bar opened but the chat / compose / insight page did not. This leads me to think that the issue is either when trying to use discover on a new tab or when trying to use discover after reopening edge.

Edit 2 -
Ok, so I have reinstalled edge like 5 times now and have found that discover seems to only work on the first launch of edge, after the first launch it just stops working. Also, if you attempt to uninstall and reinstall without checking the box to delete your information it won't actually remedy the issue.

same issue is happening to me, I have tried all sorts of things with nothing working. I even tried using 3 different computers with completely different hardware and it doesn't work after the first launch on all of them. idk if this is an account issue because edge imports all your settings and stuff after your first launch.

Hi,

To use Discover button we need install EDGE on Mac OS its working without any issues. :) For you guys its not working on your personal laptop with Windows?, I'm asking because for me Discover button doesn't want to show up on MS windows with Microsoft Edge managed by your organization...