Netflix doesn't play on Microsoft Edge.

Copper Contributor

Hi guys. The Microsoft Edge is my favorite browser of all times, really, but not when I try to watch netflix or other video streaming services, it always breaks, I have no ideia what to do anymore. Always when I try to play something there's an error and then I need to reload over and over again, sometimes even when I just play the video it stop working when I try to play again. Help me to keep using this best browser that I've ever seen. 

I've ever tried to disable hardware acceleration, enable DRM content, install Microsoft Silverlight and a lot of other things, but I didn't get to watch so far without an error I keep receiving these error codes: D7356-7701 and others related. Is there's still something that can be done to really fix theses erros or I just have to be patient and wait for news versions of the browser? 

8 Replies

@NicolasND Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the MS Edge Insider's community. A couple of questions for you:

1. Are you attempting to play Netflix on 4K, or just regularly?
  2. Can you confirm if your device's "Direct Composition" is "false"?
  3. Is your GPU driver version updated?
  4. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback with diagnostic data through the browser? (Shift+Alt+I)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I too have the same problem.
Netflix and prime video work fine on chrome and firefox but not on edge.
On MY Microsoft Edge it's just a black screen with audio! It makes me wanna switch!

@Hornet935 

I had similar issue, turning off the hardware acceleration worked for me. 

Please follow the steps below.

1. Click on the three dots menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on System.

3. Turn off Use hardware acceleration when available.

That fixed the Netflix problem for me. Thank you.

Thank you!! This fixed my problem!!
Please enable secure playback on your browser
Although turning off the hardware acceleration solves the Netflix issue, it introduces a new one - decreased performance and UI smoothness of the Edge. It's unpleasing experience. There must be a different fix.