Native PIP Mode

Brass Contributor

Hello! Of Course all of us on our mobile phones have already enjoyed many apps with PIP support (picture in picture) Even in Windows 10 various apps enjoy it. But a navigation that contemplates this for several sources of videos would be something even better, this function could be based on the extension created by Google only in the case would be native and would be suggested by a keyboard shortcut or button at the top.

-LucasS-10

9 Replies
Thank you for the suggestion, @Lucas-S.
Elliot

I would also love a Native PIP setting I use it via chrome a lot to watch youtube and other content while grinding gold in wow. :p For now google's extension seems works perfectly fine so far with Edge.

Native PIP would be awesome. Definitely support that suggestion.

@Lucas-S It is already built in; you do not need the extension. Simply right click the video and select 'Picture in picture' (you may have to right click twice for YouTube videos).

@Jack_Buehner yeah it's already built-in

Thank you @Jack_Buehner and @Deleted, I didn't even know that existed and have been using the browser for weeks at work. Guess I need to start watching more videos at work ; )

@Jack_Buehner In Most of my tests based on your instruction did not get any results, only the player got smaller and went to the corner of the screen, but restricted only on the YouTube page. Being only usable when I click on the Google extension in the top corner. 

@Jack_Buehner wrote:

@Lucas-S It is already built in; you do not need the extension. Simply right click the video and select 'Picture in picture' (you may have to right click twice for YouTube videos).

@Lucas-S thanks for a great feedback about being able to launch PIP from places other than a right click menu (which has problems like being overridden in some scenarios). I have filed an internal feature request on this.

Thank you! Exactly as I thought, many sites right click to have an option does not seem to work well, so we can have a mechanism that detects that this site has some video and we can press a shortcut or a button at some location on the top To activate the floating player. (placing a warning similar to when we enter the Chrome Web Store warning that Chrome extensions work on the edge)