Multiple tab closing prompt

Brass Contributor

Would very much like to see added the prompt seen in the current Edge that when closing the browser and multiple tabs are open, the prompt appears asking if I want to close all tabs or just the current one. This is a very useful feature found in IE, Edge, and Firefox. Don't know why Chrome doesn't have it built in. That's Google's mistake in my opinion.

So would like the new Edge to follow the ones who do have the feature.

11 Replies

This solution should be implemented in the form of a user configurable option. So that the user can turn it on or off. I e.g. in Firefox I turn it off immediately, because for me confirming card closure is annoying and not needed.

@Mitchris I totally agree it should be a user option and I should have stated that. Making it an option is not a problem for me at all, as long as the option exists, which it currently doesn't. Just like you turn it off, I always make sure it's turned on because there have been too many times a tab I want to keep open would have been closed otherwise. And if this browser catches on, then I know some of my customers (I work in IT) will want it available as well.

@Mitchris wrote:

This solution should be implemented in the form of a user configurable option. So that the user can turn it on or off. I e.g. in Firefox I turn it off immediately, because for me confirming card closure is annoying and not needed.

@JonathanLeslie Agree with you & this point strongly.  The dialogue window that exists, now, in Edge not only should be in Edge C but, it is a "Must have".  It is a "missing" item & must be put in OR put back in, ASAP.  Seems like a fairly black & white issue, a "no-brainer", as they say OR not something to debate just, something to get done (yesterday).

I have just, again, told :) this must be rectified.  If enough people say it...

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@JonathanLeslie+1, It's A MUST have feature !

@Omar-Os 

Absolutely, MUST HAVE the opportunity to say, "Oh no, I don't want to CLOSE ALL".  I have often been irked that the ole MS, "Do you, really, want to do that" (we used to make jokes about it) wasn't there... especially, since, maybe I, actually, did not want to close all.  The question MUST remain!

Has my vote, 100%!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Exactly! I'm using Firefox and it ALWAYS warn me if I want exit with more than a tab opened ! And it's optional !
I exit a lot by mistake and this warning always saves the day!
I open more than 20 tabs in the same time daily for my work!
So it would be a joke if we didn't get that warning! Since I'm moving to Edge very soon.

@Elliot Kirk Any update on this feature request?

Yeah @Elliot Kirk, Why is it not available yet ??? You have no idea how is this crucial to me and to many people! And I won't be switching to Edge unless this feature is available.
Another vote for bringing this option back. I like Edge C, and need it for some of my audio programs, but really miss the "Close All Tabs" warning. Their was a Registry Hack for original Edge, but I can't find one for Edge C.

I signed up here just to create a new thread/issue for this if one didn't exist. This is an absolute MUST HAVE option IMO!

It's unbelievable that Chrom(e)ium doesn't have this basic feature (but on some level given the arrogant "we know what's best for you" attitude of those who're responsible for most of the code, doesn't surprise me either). Yes, some of us do use shared PCs, and no, not all of us want our open tabs to open up back again the next time the browser is opened.

Without these basic options the browser's dead in the water as far as I'm concerned. Why the heck should we have to jump through hoops and install resource-hungry extensions asking for all sorts of permissions, just to have the browser do what it should out of the box? Why would I (and many others) ever switch to Edge if it's not qualitatively better than the others?

This option is present in the legacy IE, Edge as well as in various Chromium-based browsers. Edge Dev team, are you even listening?

Yes, this feature should be there.

Sometimes I press the close button accidentally, and when open the browser again, those all sites will be loaded again.
But few operations are not resumable. Like FIle uploading.

There must be configured to enable/disable by users.