Multiple Home Pages

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

I'm looking to add multiple home pages in Edge Chromium. Is this possible without the use of Group Policy, I can see that the homepage field in Settings can accept Javascript, but would this be the only way?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Louis

8 Replies
Hi,
how are you planning to use multiple home pages?
because there is only 1 home button on the browser.

or maybe you are referring to the top sites or quick links that are on the NTP (new tab page) ?

Also there is this option:
edge://settings/onStartup
where you can specify multiple pages to be opened when you start Edge browser.
Hello there HotCakeX, thanks for your response.

I’m specifically looking for a way for two defined webpages to open when a user clicks on the Homepage button in Edge Chromium. The reason why is, I’d like to keep the “session” value to “restore the previous session”, instead of loading pages on startup. But I understand this may not be possible, any ideas?
I understand,
please try this extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multi-homepage/ndepbcaahckdllkanlbnpdlkofblebfn

extensions give us instant abilities that we want, millions of ways to customize our browser and experience :)

Thank you for the quick response, HotCakeX. 

When searching around, I did see that extension. However, do you know if this possible without the use of extensions? 

Nope,
what's the problem with extensions? they are exactly for situations like yours when users need uncommon abilities in their browsers.

Hello there HotCakeX,

I understand that extensions can be a useful addition. However, they are not an option. 

Thank you for your help.

You're welcome

You say "uncommon", but this functionality existed, natively, in Internet Explorer, and is a useful productivity tool when you frequently need to access the same two or three webpages during your workday (say you have two or three separate home pages, or a home page and a couple frequently accessed child pages that are hidden in a tricky menu system). When you're trying to get this stuff working on a work account, extensions are often restricted by your IT dept.

That extension, in particular, is "Blocked by Admin" when I follow the link you provided.

BLouisRTI: this function still works natively in Firefox, even though Edge is too stubborn to enable it. I just wish all the websites I need to access for work worked in Firefox...