SOLVED

Multiple accounts on Microsoft Edge Android

Silver Contributor

Hi there, I am switching to Microsoft Edge on android for the first time from Chrome on my mom's phone as my phone is dead and I cannot have a new one due to lockdown. I was checking if I can create a new profile i.e. my profile to my mom's profile but I am not seeing the option so I am asking that can we add multiple profiles on android Edge(Excluding work or school account) by any way or there is no option in Edge Android? I am using Edge(Stable) version 45.03.4.4955InkedScreenshot_20200519_125821_LI.jpg

12 Replies

@TheShaunSaw Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if @Avi Vaid, has any insights he can share about that profile functionality on Android.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

best response
Solution

@Deleted @TheShaunSaw  Unfortunately Edge on Mobile platforms only supports 1 personal and 1 work/school account for now. Definitely file feedback in the app so that we can prioritize this work for you. 

Wow. Thats is almost an oversight. I'm trying to switch from Chrome to Edge and this is a major drawback.

1. Can't have multiple persons accounts on android edge.
2. Can't sync work account between android and windows. Needs administrator to enable it!

Both of these aren't a problem with Chrome!
Wow. Thats is almost an oversight. I'm trying to switch from Chrome to Edge and this is a major drawback.

1. Can't have multiple personal accounts on android edge.
2. Can't sync work account between android and windows. Needs administrator to enable it!

Both of these aren't a problem with Chrome!
I surely am hoping this feature will be available asap.

@Avi Vaid 

Any idea if this is on the roadmap as a feature?

It is such a show stopper for us who want to migrate from chrome to edge on android, but don't have an enterprise account to enable sync on that.

Please help!

Any update or answer?

I currently use Edge and Edge Dev as "profiles", since I don't set default browsers in Android, but it would be nice to have profile support from Desktop built in (especially if it has "Open link in [profile]".
i also when i try to open edge browser my website not working properly https://mp3juicescc.cc/v1 but all other browsers its working fine

Try edge and edge beta ? 

I also want to be able to switch profiles. I don't use Office/Microsoft for work, so I can't use this feature as is. I just want to use my second account that I use for work-related bookmarks and synced data. Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted @TheShaunSaw  Unfortunately Edge on Mobile platforms only supports 1 personal and 1 work/school account for now. Definitely file feedback in the app so that we can prioritize this work for you. 

View solution in original post