SOLVED

Multi Desktop behavior - seemingly good news!

Silver Contributor

We have a thread about this, but, I lost interest after a while of spending a week to find it.  Anyway...

Some of you know the behavior of Edge C with multiple desktops was not right, had been reported & the Team was working on the issue.  The most recent correspondence I had said they were, still, trying to resolve it.  Well, I have just asked them to confirm for me that it is, indeed, fixed.  I asked since, having just mucked about with it, again, it SEEMS to be alright, now. :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: YAY!!  Could be a temporary fluke, but, I doubt that, really.  It is a big deal & it is **bleep** bloody nice to have it working properly & correctly, that's for sure.  Irritating as hell the way it was!  Now, can just enjoy what I'm doing with things being normal, again.  Makes it so much more pleasant without the distraction it was. How nice :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

5 Replies

Hi Drew, I am glad that this is now working for you.  Thank you for your continued use of our preview channels, and all of your feedback. 

Elliott, I am hoping it is working right for everyone, now.

As for my wee contribution, it is my pleasure :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I will update this after the Team gets back to me confirming whether it is, actually, fixed and permanently.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from my Windows Phone
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Elliot Kirk

It is so hard to find threads & people in here!  I wanted this to include Dan, Pete & Nicole.

Anyway, I have received confirmation from the engineer with whom I have been corresponding on this matter.  It has, indeed, been fixed, permanently.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

Could you describe what exactly was wrong in terms of user experience, and how it is different now? What behavior was in fact fixed?

@sambul95 

Yes, Sam, certainly.  It was well explained in the original thread about it, but, who knows where that is, now.

If & when using multiple desktops, things are obviously supposed to happen and stay in a certain desktop.  Instead, if a person was last working in desktop #2 and then went to #5  and opened Edge C, it would opened back in #2; adding its tab to the open browser (in #2).  Now, since, they fixed it, after I reported it, things nicely & properly stay in the desktop where you are, at that moment & where they are supposed to be.

I, really, hope I've said that ⬆ so it can, actually, be understood, as intended.  

It is interesting to note that Edge did the same thing, for a while, back in the early days of beta testing Windows 10.  'They' had to fix it back then, too.  Fortunately, it was fixed before 10 was released.  For that reason and because you had to use multiple desktops to ever know about it, meant many never knew the problem had existed.

It's easy to see why it was so important to have this rectified. Terrific 'they' fixed it.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Elliot Kirk

It is so hard to find threads & people in here!  I wanted this to include Dan, Pete & Nicole.

Anyway, I have received confirmation from the engineer with whom I have been corresponding on this matter.  It has, indeed, been fixed, permanently.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post