Mouse and Keyboard text interaction is not standard

Copper Contributor

Ok, love the speed and the browser rendering for the new Edge.  I hate the text interaction.  This applies to mouse usage on a page, and both mouse and keyboard inside a single and multiline textbox.

The current interaction is not windows standard, and needs to be fixed.  A couple of examples.

1) Text like "ABC:123".  If this is either on the page or in a text box, if you double click on 123, it highlights ABC:123 (doesn't in this rich text box).  It is like certain characters that are considered word breaks in windows are not in cromium

2) After selecting any text in a text box (word, line, all, etc), you cannot click in the selected text and have it unselected.  You have to click outside the selection.

3) Pasting in the middle of a large block of text in a large multiline text box will move the text to an unexpected location

3 Replies

@cyost 

It appears that in the time since you posted this to now, the issues you were citing have been corrected.  If you haven't already, please update or uninstall and reinstall.

Gabriel  

@v-gapart This hasn't been correct.  

I have an example, navigate to here: https://ddocompendium.com/w/Template:TemplateDocumentation

Now, if you double-click on TemplateDocumentation in either the address bar or within the page, it highlights Template:Documentation.

@cyost 

It appears that it may depend on the context of the page and they style as you pointed out that it wasn't exhibiting that behavior in a Rich Text format.  I will relay your concerns to the product team.

Gabriel