SOLVED

Missing Password Monitor in Edge Dev 84.0.502.0

Iron Contributor

I have the latest Edge Dev 84.0.502.0.  I read this article about Password Monitor and noticed that Password Monitor should be located in Settings>Profiles>Passwords but it doesn't appear to be there yet this build of Edge Dev should have it.  I did submit feedback about this.  Anyone else notice this?

6 Replies

@RichLusk I've never had this feature. I just got updated from 505 to 84.0.507.0 and still no sign of it.

@Pete_FFC Ok that's strange.  The "What's New" page did have Password Monitor as a new feature but now it's gone.  https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-new

best response confirmed by RichLusk (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@RichLusk Thanks for reaching out, it's great to hear that you're excited about Password Monitor! Our team decided to do some more tweaking before releasing the feature, so we removed that tile from our What's New page. However, rest assured that we'll provide lots of detailed communications about how to access it once it's ready.

We appreciate your interest, and can't wait to share this with you soon!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge"

@Deleted Thank you for the reply. Thank you for confirming that Password Monitor was on the What's New page as well. I thought there for a minute I was seeing things! LOL! :)
Password Monitor is a great feature and very helpful. Looking forward to it's arrival.
Will it be possible to manually scan the passwords I already have in the password list?

@RichLusk Nope, not seeing things, just very observant. :) We can't wait to have you try it in the near future.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this? "Will it be possible to manually scan the passwords I already have in the password list?"

Thanks,

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Yeah! I noticed that.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RichLusk (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@RichLusk Thanks for reaching out, it's great to hear that you're excited about Password Monitor! Our team decided to do some more tweaking before releasing the feature, so we removed that tile from our What's New page. However, rest assured that we'll provide lots of detailed communications about how to access it once it's ready.

We appreciate your interest, and can't wait to share this with you soon!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge"

View solution in original post