MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER GOOD FEATURES THAT EVERYONE WANT TO KEEP IN A MODERN BROWSER

Copper Contributor

Dear Developers,

want to help Microsoft to build the best browser?

Implement these very good features from your browser Internet Explorer!

MANDATORY LIST:

• SETTINGS: the ability of open NEW TAB PAGE with custom URL or Home Page’s URL

• TAB FOLDERS GROUPS:  in different colors groups, open link in new tab with the same color group image.png

And of course the right click -> close group

• FAVORITES: “OPEN IN A NEW TAB PAGE” button in favorites bar. The “arrow button” in the image:image.png

In case of a folder -> the arrow button will open all the favorites in the folder in a new tab folder group.

• DYNAMIC RESIZE OF TAB FOLDERS PAGES : when you close tabs by click mouse wheel. So you dont have to move mouse when closing tabs by pressing mouse wheel image.png 

• HYSTORY: delete the single hystory entrys directly from the drop down list while writing an URL. The “X button” in the image: image.png

• DOWNLOADS: a modern download manager NON in tab. The downloads in a separate process/window. Download can still run and finish even if the browser window is closed.image.png

ALL THOSE FEATURES MUST BE PINNED ON TOP. We expect these features for make Microsoft Edge the best modern browser.

Thank you Microsoft

7 Replies

Hi @_SYN_ 

SETTINGS: the ability of open NEW TAB PAGE with custom URL or Home Page’s URL

Annotation 2019-11-11 000706.png

TAB FOLDERS GROUPS:  in different colors groups, open link in new tab with the same color group 

Annotation 2019-11-11 000858.png

FAVORITES: “OPEN IN A NEW TAB PAGE” button in favorites bar. The “arrow button” in the image:

Annotation 2019-11-11 001015.png

press either MMB (Middle Mouse Button) or hold CTRL + Left Mouse Button to open favorites in a new tab without even closing the favorites drop down menu.

HYSTORY: delete the single hystory entrys directly from the drop down list while writing an URL. The “X button” in the image: 

Shift + Delete. works in both Edge insider and Google chrome.

Only these 2 need to be added, the rest are already available.

DYNAMIC RESIZE OF TAB FOLDERS PAGES : when you close tabs by click mouse wheel. So you dont have to move mouse when closing tabs by pressing mouse wheel 

Um...that sounds decent 

DOWNLOADSa modern download manager NON in tab. The downloads in a separate process/window. Download can still run and finish even if the browser window is closed.

Very good!

Hi @HotCakeX 

SETTINGS: the ability of open NEW TAB PAGE with custom URL or Home Page’s URL. Not only "On startup"

FAVORITES: “OPEN IN A NEW TAB PAGE” button in favorites bar. 

press either MMB (Middle Mouse Button) or hold CTRL + Left Mouse Button to open favorites in a new tab without even closing the favorites drop down menu.

Maybe add a button icon for those users who don't know shortcuts, like it's implemented in I.E.

HYSTORY: delete the single hystory entrys directly from the drop down list while writing an URL. 

Shift + Delete. works in both Edge insider and Google chrome.

Maybe add a button icon for those users who don't know shortcuts, like it's implemented in I.E.

DYNAMIC RESIZE OF TAB FOLDERS PAGES : when you close tabs by click mouse wheel. So you dont have to move mouse when closing tabs by pressing mouse wheel 

Um...that sounds decent 

DOWNLOADSa modern download manager NON in tab. The downloads in a separate process/window. Download can still run and finish even if the browser window is closed.

Very good!

I hope very much that developers see these requests!
Maybe leave a like if you agree, for the visibility of this discussion.
Thank you

@_SYN_ 

It would be wonderful if these features were implemented in the final version of the new browser Edge. Not to forget what was good about Internet Explorer.

@_SYN_ 

The final version (ver 79) is feature locked right now, no new feature is going to be added to it.

@HotCakeX 

Will they ever be implemented?

I hope this discussion is seen by the development team to include these features in Edge from Internet Explorer. Do not lose these great features :)

I'm not sure, I hope so, maybe in future builds, when they get implemented, you will be able to see them first in the canary channel :)