Microsoft Edge Website has Stable Download Files

Bronze Contributor

UPDATE:  The wrong language installer issue is a known issue and Microsoft is working to resolve it.  See "Chromium Edge Release blooper: wrong language on install" for Microsoft's response.

ORIGINAL POST:

The Microsoft Edge website has download files for Stable - Android, macOS, iOS, Windows 7. Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Screenshot (1).png

WARNING:  The website and manual installer might not be stable at this point.  The first manual install (on my desktop) went smoothly; the second manual install (on my test laptop) installed the Spanish language version and will not let me change my language preferences in Settings:

Screenshot (4).png

I corrected the issue by uninstalling Edge and then reinstalling using the  MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe that downloaded to my desktop (rather than the file that downloaded to my laptop) and it installed correctly.  My guess is that the Microsoft Edge website downloaded the wrong language installer to the laptop.

It might be a good idea to just wait until Microsoft gets it right.  I'm going to wait 24 hours before installing on any of my other devices.

1 Reply
Seems OK now.