Microsoft Edge ver 87.0.664.52 cannot open

Copper Contributor

After update to ver 87.0.664.52, it cannot open any more. How to fix it?

28 Replies
@MGubitzer This is awesome!

Hi @all,

here is the Trend Micro KB Article:

https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/000283026

it's already fixed by excluding the program

@HotCakeX that's only a short time workaround...

Trend Micro will provide a fix to that will resolve the issue.

Read Full Article

@HotCakeX That is a ridiculous assessment.  Many threats originate via the browser. Adding the browser to the trusted programs list is one of the worst decisions you could make, you might as well turn off your anti virus.

Adding the program to the exclusion list should only be considered a temporary fix and only in an emergency. Using an alternate browser while Trend sorts this out is the smarter play.

@SteveRock 

@SteveRock wrote:

@HotCakeX That is a ridiculous assessment.  Many threats originate via the browser. Adding the browser to the trusted programs list is one of the worst decisions you could make, you might as well turn off your anti virus.

Adding the program to the exclusion list should only be considered a temporary fix and only in an emergency. Using an alternate browser while Trend sorts this out is the smarter play.

but you're saying that as if I was the one suggesting that lol

it was the tech support at Trendmicro that said it. so they aren't so smart after all

fdsfsd.png

What I personally suggested was to check Edge with a different and Better AV such as Kaspersky.

Hey, everyone!

I wanted to hop in here and thank y'all for these reports! The team is investigating on our side now, and highly suggest you follow the steps that TrendMicro provided to mitigate this in the interim. I've verified that answer in this thread, but I will also link here again (it's been listed here a few times now) the support article that you should follow. It's in Japanese, so you will need to use the translate feature to read it in any other languages. 

I'll follow up in this thread once I know of any fixes put in place! Thanks again for these reports. :3

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hello Together,

Trend Micro as provide a new Pattern. When you update this Pattern it's resolved.

See details:

https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/000283026

Hello Everybody,

i can confirm that. Works after pattern update!