Microsoft Edge UI concept : right side vertical tabs, tab hover effect, DARK transparency effect

Steel Contributor

Microsoft-Edge.jpg

There should be choice to set vertical tabs on the right hand side of the screen.

Hovering the cursor should preview the tab within the already extended (on top of tab strip) tab bar. There DOES NOT need to be further extension for previewing the tab one hovers that results in loss of screen real estate.

I encourage Microsoft to ask me to re phrase in case that was not clear and members of this community to re iterate this request with slight changes / additional options according to their tastes and convenience. Show your support if you too would like one or more of these functionalities (themes, additional customization etc.)

4 Replies
Please rephrase your suggestion I don't quite get it.

@NamishB  Sure. 

Vertical tabs : Image 1 is the current implementation'; image 2 is how I suggest it should be.Vertical tabs : Image 1 is the current implementation'; image 2 is how I suggest it should be.

Implementation as in image 1 (current implementation) cuts into screen real estate, besides the feeling of nagging when you scroll through tab strip. 

Suggested implementation in the below image is more natural, and easier to navigate through in my opinion. 

Transparency effect...something that's never gonna come to Edge :(

@HotCakeX 

... or else it may come after a very long time, like in 2030 or 2050.