Microsoft Edge sync issues in all channels

Copper Contributor

Dear Edge users and Insiders, 

I have installed two edge preview channels beside the stable one. Unfortunately,  I am unable to sync my data between the browsers or my android phone and get the errors like "Sync isn't available right now" . It happens on Canary, Dev and Stable channel. Moreover, when I go to the setting, the sync issue is totally deactivated and I get the error "Couldn’t connect to the sync server. Retrying…". I created another Microsoft personal account and sync works just fine but I have been using my account for more than four years and I have a lot of data stored on it. 

There are the solutions I've already tried:

1. Removing account and signing in again

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling all edge channels after clearing the browsing data

3. I have checked firewall and Edge is allowed. 

4. I tried Microsoft account trouble shooter, it detects a problem as the account cannot connect to sync server but I don't know how to fix it.

My Microsoft account works just fine on other services like mail and calendar, OneNote, OneDrive,...

Thanks,

7 Replies

@hossein_Dianati Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our Insiders community! 

Is the account you're attempting to sync tied to your work, or is it a personal account? And if you haven't yet, can you please submit detailed feedback with diagnostics through the browser? (It's helpful for our Devs when they're troubleshooting.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a personal account. Other personal accounts work just fine only my main account has problem and I don't wanna migrate to another account as I've used it in many services since 4 years ago. In the meantime, I even reinstalled windows but nothing changed. I've also submitted feedback with screenshots and diagnostic data in the browser. any help?

Thanks

@hossein_Dianati To loop back: I've confirmed that the team received your feedback! It's been under review, and I'm hoping to have some insights to share with you shortly. (Unless this has already resolved with some of the recent fixes, in which case, just let us know!)

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted Hi. Thanks for you attention. I can confirm that the issue is now resolved both in canary and stable channels. My data are now syncing. Thanks again. 

@hossein_Dianati Excellent, so glad to hear it! Let us know if there's anything else that you see, and we hope you enjoy Microsoft Edge.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted I have the maybe same problem. I'm on macOS and since a few days Edge is telling me, that sync isn't available right now or if I look at may profile in settings it says 'Couldn't connect to the sync server. Retrying…'

I tried already a few troubleshooting steps, but nothing helped so far. Do you have any idea?

Best,

Markus

@Deleted I faced the same problem now, I have no issue with the laptop and desktop windows setting synchronization, also OneNote work perfectly. But Edge have problem to sync my favourites and others. ( avoid grammar )
Screenshot_1.jpg