SOLVED

Microsoft Edge pdf Adding text with arabic letters disappear

Brass Contributor

Hello

While I'm studying i noticed there is adding text to the pdf so I tried that and when I use Arabic letters in the text box, The text box jut disappear (if you only use arabic and english letters).

so if you use arabic letters it make the text box disappear and when you use it with english in the same text box it disappear too and if you use numbers too with english letters and arabic, only the arabic letters will disappear and the numbers and the english letters will stay soo uhhhhhhhh help.

Screenshot 2021-11-10 094825.pngScreenshot 2021-11-10 094846.png

58 Replies

please also add Greek language in the Add text future for PDFs in Microsoft Edge @Alexandra-R 

It's a pity that languages such as Arabic and Persian are not supported even at this moment i'm sure that you have many arabic and persian users so maybe it's a good thing to support thses languages too right? i've been struggling with this issue for a very long time it's such a pain
I like use edage to read paper,edage is my favorate to read reaching paper with PDF . I like adding txt ,but now it is not supported for Chinese. I hope you can debug it recently @LastBurrito!
Please add Greek language too. A Unicode support will be better for all of us.
I have the same problem too. Before when I was using my old laptop other languages, like Korean, works pretty well. But when I bought a new laptop and had to install the same edge browser, Korean characters don't suddenly work. What happened?
Some of Lithuanian letters are not supported too: ąčęėįųū.
Interesting that these letters are supported: šž.
I wish Armenian was supported.

@Alexandra-R 

I am from Vietnamese and I also have same problem with DuongNgo. Please help me.

My original text: 

Kiểm tra hai hướng của hình sóng Oscilloscope] <90I>
[Chủng loại này dựa trên bản tiêu chuẩn kiểm tra...

And on Edge pdf display:

Tuyen_Nguyen_1-1650523977125.png

Why still not supporting Chinese!!!!!!????? Can you do it ASAP?? This is really bad experience, hard to believe that this is a product from Microsoft! It has been past half year, but the issue still hasn't been fully addressed???? What are the development engineers working? This is a huge bug, can you fix it, it really annoys people all around the world to be not able to add their language when reading and editing PDF, this bug is so obvious, but you still don't put it as a first priority??? Really cannot believe it.

I wish it would be pleasure to support Bumese Language for text editor.

Hi @Alexandra-R. First of all, thanks to the edge pdf team for the great feature of adding text to pdf files. I think this is definitely a very useful feature for a lot of people. But it doesn't support many foreign languages, which frustrates many users. Could you please escalate this requirement to the EDGE team for expedited processing?

@Alexandra-R Slovenian language is supported but letter " č " is not. It disappears when I try to type it in.  

I add a replay here because I want to use the Arabic language for ADD Text!, which is an essential study tool.
Thank you
It seems that there is almost a year and the problem still exists. We are working with Ministries of Education (and their thousands of schools) in Middle East where Microsoft is considered the de facto provider for IT solutions. Unfortunately students and teachers cannot edit PDF files in Arabic or even in English (the "add text" button does not appear even with the latest Edge edition). Very bad experience for them, bad reputation for Microsoft and huge problems for us that promoted this solution and we are just in the middle without being able to do anything.
You can contact me directly to give more details on the situation although I imagine that Microsoft Education in Dubai has heard about this first hand.

@Alexandra-R I also experienced same with Sinahala (Sri Lanka) language too. Appreciate if you kindly address this too. 

I support you request too. They need to add unicode so the any language like Greek can be included. @NassosKranidiotis 

It is the end of 2022, and Microsoft still doesn't support Arabic which is a language with more than 400 million speakers!! The more fun part is that they support languages with less than two million speakers combined!!

@Alexandra-R Hi,I'm currentlly using the latest version of Edge and the ADD TEXT issue still remains, it seems that this issue only demonstrate when type the UNICODE characters.

Slovenian has the same issue, despite it is marked as supported languge.
When I input word

Čajnik

the capital Č disappears as well.
Lithuanian is supported but the letters with diacritics still disappear (and reappear when selected for editing again). What's going on here?