microsoft edge dev not working

Copper Contributor

roses_arerosie_0-1660403865359.png  

roses_arerosie_1-1660404212991.png

Dear Microsoft team:

' My Microsoft edge dev not working and totally blank you can see in screenshot even i login it with my Microsoft account but browser show nothing even i try lot options in this browser but nothing is happened even settings not open so what should i do'

5 Replies
Based on the icon on the tab, the pages appear to be crashing. Do you have any other antivirus software installed by chance? We often see this behavior when antivirus programs interfere with Edge's ability to open up new tab processes.

@josh_bodner 

Norton 360 and Malwarebytes Premium. If they're stopping EdgeDev from opening, it is in a silent way. My EdgeDev stops working after a using it a few times. Fresh install of OS gets it working again. Why would EdgeDev begin not opening? Surely the AV mentioned know it is a safe process? I've used it without incident in the past.

The easiest way to check is to fully turn off those programs and see if Edge starts working fine again.

@Russell1080and @josh_bodner  ' i used windows defender in my windows and i try to install new fresh windows and backup my files but i install this i faced same issue 

Okay, if you don't have any other programs installed that we know have conflicted with Edge in the past, there are a few other things we can check. If a crash is causing this, then you'll find a bunch of crash dumps in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Crashpad\reports. It would also be really good to know if the same thing happens in Edge Canary, since its newer than Dev and therefore could rule out a product bug if Canary doesn't end up doing the same thing.