SOLVED

Microsoft Edge Canary: Testing Collections tab feature

Copper Contributor

I just downloaded Microsoft Canary and was testing the new Collections feature to do a comparison between previous "set aside tab" feature. From my experience, it works pretty good until I decide to test if it could save tons of tabs. When I saved tons of tabs (like 30+) I experienced a slow "loading" time of saving all the tabs. Scrolling the tabs I set aside in collections is a havoc and a headache to just to see how slow it would respond to my scrolling. I want to bring this to the developers to see whether they could fix this problem since smooth scrolling is supposing a new feature that's coming up next.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Jackson0_o (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jackson0_o Welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider's community, and thanks for reaching out.

Having a smooth UI/UX is really important for us, so that's good to know about. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback through the browser? And if you're comfortable, you can add a recording of the scrolling repro; it would really help our product team visualize the issue. (See the screenshot below for steps.)

Thanks!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

repro recording.jpg

@Deleted thanks for the reply! I'll definitely submit my feedback through the browser to further improve edge ;)

@Jackson0_o Of course, happy to help. And thanks, we appreciate it!

Fawkes (they/them)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jackson0_o (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jackson0_o Welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider's community, and thanks for reaching out.

Having a smooth UI/UX is really important for us, so that's good to know about. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback through the browser? And if you're comfortable, you can add a recording of the scrolling repro; it would really help our product team visualize the issue. (See the screenshot below for steps.)

Thanks!

Fawkes (they/them)

repro recording.jpg

View solution in original post