Microsoft Edge Canary Import Issue

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I just installed Edge Canary and I am having a hard time importing data from my Firefox browser. Things like browser history. I had installed the stable release, and I couldn't import to it from FF either. I read on the forums that people with the FF Nightly could import, so I installed FF nightly, synced data between the stable Firefox variant and the nightly one. Somehow, the import function worked. Mozilla Firefox appeared on the drop-down menu of import data browsers, which had not happened with vanilla FF.
But today when I tried the same with Edge canary, it doesn't work. I have both stable Firefox and Firefox Nightly installed, but I still do not get the option of importing from any of those browsers in the drop down menu. In face, I don't even have the option on my stable Edge release, to import data from Firefox. Please tell me what can I do to fix this issue as browsing history sync is an absolute must for me. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Firefox Nightly Version - 77.0a1 (2020-04-09) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge Version - 80.0.361.111 (Official build) (64-bit)

Thanks.

2 Replies
Hi,
I just successfully imported my web history from:
Firefox 76.0b3 (64-bit)
into:
Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.480.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Also Edge community is here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-edge-insider/ct-p/MicrosoftEdgeInsider

Thanks @HotCakeX!

@jenabaivab This does sound more relevant to the Edge community than to Windows Insider, so I'm moving your post there.