Micorsoft Edge Smartscreen didnt' protect me

Deleted
Not applicable

Shawn1710_0-1611420036480.png

As you can see that I have a download from Edge from a website that edge allowed to open even though Defender said it is unsafe to open the download. 

This is very funny and I dont' see the scanning file in the download UI anymore.

I already sent feedback,

Thank you,

Shawn

27 Replies

Shawn1710_0-1611429453013.png

The test file from the testing zone did work on Edge, so I know it is working. 

PUA - Microsoft Defender Testground

i have seen this scanning but it was so fast that i don't have seen it long, but suspect edge trigger a normal scan (manual defender scan don't find anything too), its when we try to open it that the scan block it.
So edge have maybe forgotten ont type of scan (or don't do it by default from some technical reasons).
Yes, so do you think that Edge doesn't have that scanning protocol? Is it a bug or is intentionally or wasn't implemented in 88?
i think (for now or for technical reason) edge do a basic AV scan, in the report i have asked if it's not plannet to plan a more profund scan like the one generated on launch (i also added the link of the file like that they can replicate).
"Got it, I will take a look right now. Regarding the situation with window defender, usually Windows Defender will flag and it will make sure to scan first. If this Defender finds issues with this application it will not run it or it will delete it automatically.

Edge can block it if the file itself it a .exe file, or a program that can harm the device or the surface. But since this is a .zip file, edge just downloaded the file in your downloads folder. You can change the settings for this on "Settings" on edge, and in the search bar, you simply type = "Block Potentially Unwanted Apps". And it will make sure to block zip or exe files that can harm your windows.

But it will allow you to run it at your own risk."

This is what a Microsoft Agent said about the issue, so it should have been blocked but it seems that zip files are the issue
https://browseraudit.com/

It also seems that Edge isn't that good with the audit system as well. It has a lot of bypasses. This is horrible and needs to be fixed.
I see, what do you mean exactly?
https://browseraudit.com/results/68107/35fa167cb77f089895432b1fb8095fe9a71e333e

I for one don;t like how this is going since edge is getting a good score on this result.

Can you see if you have the same result in your version of edge