[... Menu] Add easier-access to Favourites, History and Downloads FPEs

Iron Contributor

Describe the problem:

Edge has a Full-Page Experience (FPE) view for Favourites, History and Downloads, which I currently find awkward to access.  Currently, the main route I'd take is: click the "..." (menu); click one of those items (e.g. "Favourites"); wait for the pop-up to load; click the "..." at the top of that pop-up, then go to "Open favourites page".  This takes four clicks, whereas it could easily be reduced to just two.

Suggest a solution:

There are two ways accessing the FPEs could be reduced to two clicks:

• Add an "Open page" icon on the right-hand side of each option in the "..." menu (refer to my screenshot), which would then launch a new tab
  • Middle-clicking on any of those options in the "..." menu should also cause the tab to launch 

Any workarounds?

If you are someone who always has the Favourites Bar displayed at all-times, you could add the FPEs to the bar for quicker-access; but I prefer the bar only to be shown on the New Tab Page.  And having to wait for that to load doesn't really make it any quicker for me than going the menu route!

Before posting on this site, have you suggested this previously using the "Send Feedback" feature built-into Edge?

I have, yes.

Browser and OS versions

Edge Stable v90.0.818.62 (Official build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Version 20H2 (Build 19042.985; May 2021)

Screenshot

MicrosoftEdge_EasierAccessToFullPageExperiences.png

2 Replies

@dftf-wip They have added several shortcuts to the full page menu to address this in the dev branches.

In Beta, you can right-click the item in the menu and choose "Open xx page". That works from both the icon on the toolbar and from the "..." menu. I believe there are keyboard shortcuts too.

If you put the icon on the toolbar, you get more shortcuts such as middle clicking to open full page or click the icon and click on the header. 

@dragonwolf83 Thanks for the reply!

I prefer not having loads of icons on my toolbar, to keep it neat.  So I'd prefer being able to launch the full-page views from the menu.

Having the "open in tab" icons would be beneficial for touchpad and touch-screen users, where "middle-click" is not often a concept; though as a mouse-user, I'd be happy if middle-clicking any of those menu items to launch the tab was a thing.