May like this NTP

Silver Contributor

This is done with a flag rather than an extension.  Some Folks may like it... it's clean & basic/simplistic. Another approach from which to choose.

Donewith.jpg

FNTP.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

10 Replies
What I wanna do is to find out where that "local" tab is saved on the disk so i can modify it, like change the background.

@HotCakeX 

Well, there is an extension called Infinite Dashboard, that allows oodles of neat backgrounds & many other cool options.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Yeah but i wanted to specifically use the NTP feature, no extension.
Please know that the extensions you recommended contain an unsafe-eval in are overt, which is extremely dangerous and potentially allows malicious code to be used without the user's knowledge.
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/07/22/how-to-search-all-chrome-extensions-for-the-dangerous-unsafe-eval/
Thanks for the heads up.

@HotCakeX 

Yes, I understood that.  That was the point that this was a flag not, an extension.  Plus, the mention of an extension was sure shot down.  So much for offering an(other) alternative for NTP, eh? (wink)

Just thought I'd point out that via a flag one could have something very 'clean'; no feeds, branding, et al.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

if you want an extension without the unsafe-eval, there is Home - New Tab Page
I know, i wasn't asking for an extension in the first place, good now that you know it contains malware you might wanna remove the link to it.
We can't say if they is a malware in, but if the dev want, he can download a malware in after some time for bypass the google chrome security check.
Yeah true, i think browsers need to somehow "contain" these wild extensions so they won't have too much access.