Master password when we connect to edge

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello !

An application that would be appreciated is the ability to be prompted to use a master password when we connect to edge to protect access to our applications which our passwords are recorded in Edge. Like FireFox, even if someone knows my Windows password, and opens my Firefox, Firefox prompts to enter a master password otherwise, the person can not connect to my applications requiring a password saved in FireFox. This is for me a security greatly appreciated. That's why even if I use Edge , I do not allow Edge to save my passwords since someone only needs to know my Windows password, the person then opens Edge, and has access to my bank, etc.

3 Replies

This is a potentially quite useful suggestion. I will make sure to get this information to the developers.

Gabriel

@v-gapartThis is the only feature that is keeping me to Firefox.

"That's why even if I use Edge , I do not allow Edge to save my passwords ..."

I don't save passwords in Edge, either, except for my e-mail passwords, and I don't save them for that specific reason.  If MS implements a master password, I would suggest that the master password be stored local on each computer (similar to the way login PINs are stored locally), and not synced though the user's MS account.   In fact, as I think about it, a PIN would probably suffice as a master password, if stored locally.