managing favorites

Brass Contributor

I'm on Version 81.0.416.16

With every new update I check out Favorites as I have a lot of them in hierarchical arranged folders.  I also use edge on my phone.  At some point in the last couple of months I found my Favorites arranged in two folders "Other Favorites" and "Mobile Favorites".  Issues with this are as follows:

- These are NOT names I assigned - original port was from old Edge Favorites.

- The two folder contain exactly the same content.  

- I want to delete one of the folders and rename the other.  But I can't

In short, I feel like I've been forced into a way to manage my favorites that doesn't make sense and I can't change.  How can I manage these two Favorites folders?

2 Replies
Hi,
"Other favorites" folder can't be currently deleted. I requested this before to let us delete it but still nothing.
all you can do is to empty that folder by moving all the favorites from there to another folder so that "other favorites" won't appear on the favorites toolbar, but it will still be there in edge://favorites/

also if 2 folders contain the same folder, install Edge insider channels (Canary/Dev/Beta) and use the duplicate cleanup tool in them to remove duplicates from your favorites.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

Favorite syncing have issues and it's added to the top feedback list
https://aka.ms/MSEdgeTopFeedback

@ms_Rod Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to our community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some frustration with the Favorites management; I believe it was set up that way as part cross-device syncing. As @HotCakeX mentioned, this feedback has been on the team's mind for a little while. However, they are always looking to know how many people would like certain changes to features. If you'd like to add your voice directly, feel free to submit feedback through the browser for them.

In the meantime, you can edit specific favorited items in edge://favorites/ (or CTRL + SHIFT + O) to arrange, delete, and remove duplicates.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge