Make the font in the URL bar smaller

Steel Contributor

The font size of text in the URL bar is slightly unnerving and feels too big given the size of the other font throughout the browser. Compared to Old Edge the font is significantly larger and looks too 'goofy'. It's hard to explain and is very much superficial, maybe the font is different to that of Old Edge.

7 Replies
Thank you @Cameron_Bush. I will give the owners of the Address bar this feedback.
Elliot

@Cameron_Bush it's hard to find the right size for this many devices and settings. I frequently use 3 different devices (Desktop/Laptop/Surface) all with different resolutions and different scaling options. I do like the slightly bigger adressbar, what I don't like is that it gets even bigger if the browser snaps to one side of the screen (a blank space appears above the tabs at the very top)!

The whole tab & address area in genreal is just kinda big with blank spaces.  In addition to reducing the font size, I'd appreciate shaving off like 5 pixels of vertical space, especially on my lower resolution laptop.

I would agree, if I wasn't using touch. For those a little extra space is neat.

@Cameron_Bush totally agree - the larger font size is IMO is a bit distracting.

@Cameron_Bush wrote:

The font size of text in the URL bar is slightly unnerving and feels too big given the size of the other font throughout the browser. Compared to Old Edge the font is significantly larger and looks too 'goofy'. It's hard to explain and is very much superficial, maybe the font is different to that of Old Edge.

I agree. I set the Windows setting "Make Text Bigger" to 109%, which helps me with the start menu font and some other things, but then Edge's address bar and tab font is too big. Firefox's address bar works nicely and stays the same.

I was searching for a solution for making the address bar and respective text size smaller (consistent with Google Chrome browser).  However, it looks like there is no way to to fix this.  I even tried the latest Edge Chromium Beta.  I really wish Microsoft would make these weird visual changes optional.  Even without my glasses I think the address bar is too big.

Is there a way to make sure the Developers can make this optional?