make Start tile background darker so Edge logo is clearer (more contrast)

Steel Contributor

Small but worthy suggestion: make Edge's Start tile black so the logo is clearer (better contrast). The current grey color isn't high enough contrast against the shade of blue Edge's logo uses. I quickly changed it to black in Paint, I think it looks way better with a black tile, the text label is clearer too. Please at least consider this!edgestarttile.png

7 Replies
I agree with you, black version looks so much better

@Bdsrev  Also, it's the exact same color as Chrome's Start tile, which is obviously not good. You don't want people thinking Edge is just Chrome with a different logo (tech people are very cynical) edgeandchromestarttiles.png

@Bdsrev 

Yes, it also needs to be bigger and take up more of the available tile space.

Ya it could be slightly bigger

@Bdsrev 

Sorry to come back to this one again but I just noticed that in the Start app list, this contrast issue is even worse because it's smaller, here's a screenshot. Look at how much more visible the old Edge icon is compared to the new one. This definitely needs to be changed (I think black tile with blue Edge logo is the best choice)

startapplist.png 

@Bdsrev 

Yes, also, in "see which apps are affecting your battery life", it doesn't show the icons.no icon.png

That is an actual bug though, that's a different issue from this (the contrast ratio of the Edge logo and the tile color being too low)