Make Edge profile name visible? Or upload custom avatars/logos?

Copper Contributor

Hi, it'd be huge if Edge profile name could be shown somewhere in top of the browser window, near address bar or in adderss bar (like Firefox Multi-Account Containers do). Also would appreciate if a custom profile image could be uploaded for each profile (for example customer logo etc). 

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hi @helipetr 

the name could be too long and that would be messy in the toolbar, instead the picture is shown and it takes only 1 click or 1 touch to see the name, email address and everything else. the red areas are the ones i censored and the ones that you need

Annotation 2019-12-07 115042.png

also you can set custom pictures/avatars/logo from the settings

Annotation 2019-12-07 115119.png

Annotation 2019-12-07 115137.png

@HotCakeX Well ok, but my DEV version (Version 80.0.345.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)) looks a bit different when editing profile, no option to change/upload the picture. Am I missing something or running "wrong" release here?

clipboard_image_0.png

Are you signed into the browser using a Microsoft personal/work account?

@HotCakeX Oh yes I see. I'm talking about "local(?) profiles", that are not signed in with any "sync account". For local profiles there're only preselected limited number of avatars available. 

Yes that's correct, to have a custom profile icon/avatar, you need to sign into your Microsoft account (@outlook.com - @hotmail.com etc) or work accounts