SOLVED

MacOS: Holding CMD + Q To Quit

Copper Contributor

Apologies if this has been mentioned already; I didn't see it in the top feedback anywhere.

I have the Edge Beta channel on my Macbook and all Chromium browsers that I've used, by default, show a popup when attempting to CMD + Q the application, including Edge:

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 12.11.46 PM.png

I find this behaviour incredibly annoying and thankfully Chrome and Brave both provide an option to disable it and just do what you tell it to do the first time:

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 12.04.22 PM.png

Any chance we could get an option like that in Edge?

3 Replies

@Jimmy_Pruitt Thanks so much for this solid feedback, Jimmy! I've passed it on to the right team for you. We love to hear from our Mac OS users, so continue to post up suggestions and feedback you have. :)

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

best response confirmed by MissyQ (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Jimmy_Pruitt, thanks for your feedback. Yes, we do provide an option to disable this form the menubar. Simply click on Microsoft Edge --> Deselect 'Warn before quitting' option and you will be good to go (image below)

clipboard_image_0.png

It would be much better to make Command + Q just quit by default. That is the expected behaviour of apps on macOS.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MissyQ (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Jimmy_Pruitt, thanks for your feedback. Yes, we do provide an option to disable this form the menubar. Simply click on Microsoft Edge --> Deselect 'Warn before quitting' option and you will be good to go (image below)

clipboard_image_0.png

View solution in original post