MacOS Edge Beta 95.0.1020.9 update now showing error message on About page ...

Copper Contributor

MacOS Big Sur 11.6.

Edge Beta Version 95.0.1020.9 (Official build) Beta(x86_64)

Had both Edge and Edge Beta installed - but spend all my time in Beta, so deleted Edge.

After that my sync profile in Beta disappeared.

I set it up again and after 24hr-ish it finished syncing - but the profile picture is NOT syncing.

Secondly - when I check About for the version of Edge beta (and if there is an update), the version showing is 95.0.1020.9, but there is an error message - 'An error occurred. (Error code: 9) (Extra code: 0)'.

I downloaded Edge Beta and installed it over the top - same issues.

I am reluctant to fully uninstall Edge Beta and reinstall from scratch as I can't afford to wait for 24h for the sync to (not fully) work properly (I have a LOT of bookmarks).

Anyone else having this issue and what I will need to do to fix things?

8 Replies

Hello @dazzur!

Thanks for your feedback!

We are investigating this issue, and have a few questions that we are hoping you can help with:
1) Could you open Terminal.app and run the following command and paste the output? The command is: ls -la $HOME/Library/LaunchAgents
2) Could you send us a copy of the logs at $HOME/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/EdgeUpdater/updater.log?
3) Could you open Terminal.app and run the following command and paste the output? You will need to fill the version number with the version you have at the {VersionNumber} location in the command below. An example version number would be 95.0.1015.0. The command is: file $HOME/Library/Microsoft/EdgeUpdater/{VersionNumber}/EdgeUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/EdgeUpdater
Any additional information should be really helpful for us to diagnose the issue and make the updater better for everyone, thank you so much!

Olivia

I'm sorry Olivia - given the time before I received a response I ended up fully uninstalling Edge GA and Beta, removing all preference and other files left as a footprint and doing a clean install. As you would hope - I'm now not experiencing any of the issues I had above.
No worries, really glad your issue is resolved! Let us know if you encounter any issue in the future.

Olivia
I'm experiencing the same issue on Version 98.0.1093.0 (Official build) Canary (x86_64). In fact, it's happened last week also on Canary.

I can fix by deleting /Users/steve/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Canary/Default/Preferences

Why does it keep failing?
I'm having the same issue with Edge Canary on MacOS version 98.0.1097.0
This is a known issue where the update itself is not failing, but the page displaying update results (edge://settings/help) is. We have fixed the issue and you should get the fix very soon, within the next 2 days in Canary. There is nothing you will need to do on your part since updates will happen as usual. Thanks for the report!
Hi xavieredouard, this is a known issue where the update itself is not failing, but the page displaying update results (edge://settings/help) is. We have fixed the issue and you should get the fix very soon, within the next 2 days in Canary. There is nothing you will need to do on your part since updates will happen as usual. Thanks for the report!
Thanks, Olivia. As I'm sure you're aware, I discovered yesterday afternoon, Canary still updates just fine. Thanks again!!