Love the custom keyboard shortcuts for extension actions--impressive and useful!

Bronze Contributor

This is on Dev 77.0.211.2: really useful to be centralized & allows in-depth customization.

For example, for Bitwarden, I can now set any keyboard shortcut I want, instead of being stuck with the default ones.

Does any other major browser do this? Not custom keyboard shortcuts for the browser, but custom keyboard shortcuts for extensions!

image.png

4 Replies

Hi @ikjadoon, I am glad that we could surprise you with this feature.  I don't know how I missed it in the Release Notes.  I will add it in there now.

@Deleted Reallyyyy! That's pretty neat. I used Opera for a while way back in the day and they had some of the best native features: Speed Dial, compression, etc.

@Elliot Kirk Oh, what do you know! Haha, I thought it was perhaps a small addition and hadn't deserved a full shout-out, but I didn't think I'd get this "fixed"  until the stable channel hit + a few weeks for Bitwarden to get a good look at it (as Bitwarden in Chromium Edge couldn't use Chrome's or Classic Edge's hotkeys).

//

It's really nice to give users more control (i.e., the people actually using hotkeys are the same ones who appreciate more control) :thumbs_up:

I plopped in the original Firefox hotkey and it worked like a charm. And hopefully more users now will check it out, now that it's in the release notes :fire:

Hi there,
I'm using Version 90.0.818.49 (Official build) (64-bit) & I just discovered this feature, lol! & I'm loving it!

After you assign a keyboard shortcut for an extension, you have further 2 options to select 'In Microsoft Edge' & 'Global' .

Can you tell me what is the difference between 'In Microsoft Edge' & 'Global' ? I couldn't find anything related to this.

Also I'm not able to use the second right side Alt key but right side Ctrl key works for setting a shortcut. Only left side Alt key of my keyboard works for setting shortcut. Checked my keyboard hardware both left & right side Alt & Ctrl keys are working.