Live captions available in Microsoft Edge Picture-in-Picture mode

MVP

dsadas.png

I tried it on this video that has captions available on YouTube and is in English, but it didn't work, so I'm not sure how and where it will appear, maybe not fully implemented in this build yet and will become usable in the future build.

I'm also not sure whether this means Edge will just take the caption from a video like in YouTube and show it over the PiP, Or, it actually translates the voice of the video into captions and shows it to user which would be totally awesome (using speech to text capabilities).

This is on Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.836.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

you need to enable these flags to get Global Media controls and PiP in them
edge://flags/#global-media-controls
edge://flags/#global-media-controls-picture-in-picture

also if you don't have Live Captions feature, it's probably due to CFR

7 Replies
Hi, I activated the flags, but how do I get the YouTube video to appear in PiP mode?

@Spelunky 

Hi, it's this icon with green circle

Inkeddsadas_LI.jpg

I think I find a bug... I will post the problem in a new thread
This is a feature implemented by Google in Chrome Canary. Not sure if the audio is processed offline for the captions or it uses GCP service.
Hi! I try to turn the global media controls option in flags, but there is still no the Live Captions features. I checked things in Flags but found nothing related to that. Do you have idea about that? I really need these Live Captions

@michlche 

@michlche wrote:
Hi! I try to turn the global media controls option in flags, but there is still no the Live Captions features. I checked things in Flags but found nothing related to that. Do you have idea about that? I really need these Live Captions

Please read this page:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/controlled-feature-roll-outs-in-microsoft-edge/m-p/7...