List of the REMOVED features in the latest Edge insider Canary update Version 79.0.305.0

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-916099%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EMedia%20Autoplay%20%22Block%22%20option%20is%20Missing%20in%20the%20latest%20Edge%20insider%20Canary%20update%20Version%2079.0.305.0%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-916099%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3E%3CSPAN%20class%3D%22lia-inline-image-display-wrapper%20lia-image-align-center%22%20style%3D%22width%3A%20999px%3B%22%3E%3CIMG%20src%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fgxcuf89792.i.lithium.com%2Ft5%2Fimage%2Fserverpage%2Fimage-id%2F137728i0B7A78EFFF05C07F%2Fimage-size%2Flarge%3Fv%3D1.0%26amp%3Bpx%3D999%22%20alt%3D%22Annotation%202019-10-15%20221726.png%22%20title%3D%22Annotation%202019-10-15%20221726.png%22%20%2F%3E%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EYou%20can%20confirm%20this%20too%20by%20going%20into%20your%20settings%26nbsp%3Bedge%3A%2F%2Fsettings%2Fcontent%2FmediaAutoplay%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-916099%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Eblocking%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EBUG%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Ecanary%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EEdge%20insider%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EMedia%20autoplay%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

1. Block option is Removed and only Limit and Allow is available

 

Annotation 2019-10-15 221726.png

 

You can confirm this too by going into your settings edge://settings/content/mediaAutoplay

 

2. Another removed option in this latest Canary update

 

Annotation 2019-10-15 230205.png

 

in the previous Canary version (79.0.304.0) , the InPrivate mode window would look like this:

 

Annotation 2019-10-14 205609.png

 

 

 

 

 

18 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted
Another removed option spotted and the post update:
InPrivate mode 3rd party cookie blocking

I hope we hear from officials whether this is temporary or permanent changes because those were important features that are missing :\
Highlighted

Hello recently i visited this forum and saw the topic about list of added features and i was happy and today i see they are removed. why is it happening?

 

Highlighted

@universalnettwork 


@universalnettwork wrote:

Hello recently i visited this forum and saw the topic about list of added features and i was happy and today i see they are removed. why is it happening?

 


 

Hi,

I understand it can be frustrating, I honestly have no idea why it is happening, I'm not even sure if it's a bug cause the removed features are from entirely different sections of the browser.

Dev channel is supposedly more stable with longer update periods

Highlighted

 


2. Another removed option in this latest Canary update


Spoiler
Edge cookie 1.45.gif

 

Highlighted
Doesn't matter, I'm on Version 79.0.305.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
and as you can see in my screenshot that option is Removed
Highlighted

@HotCakeX In my case, as can be seen in the gif, it was not removed.

Highlighted

 

And I said it doesn't matter.

I haven't done anything on purpose to remove it. and things like this are normal thanks to the Controlled feature roll outs, not everyone's browsers are the same. this is a potential issue that needs fixing.

 

 

Highlighted
Also it's been removed not only on my main system and on a couple of others too, some of them on VMs and some of them physical.
it's more complicated than you think. even if we had the same OS and same browser channel and version, still things can be a lot different because Microsoft puts us in different test groups.
I had to report missing feature because it's what is happening on my system, you are not experiencing it? good for you then.
Highlighted

 

And I said it doesn't matter...

 


It doesn't matter? of course it matters, because in your post you say it was removed, but you don't clarify that it could be part of the Controlled feature roll-outs or that it could have been removed for some insiders and for others not, I am showing that this feature was not removed in all cases.

Highlighted

@leopeva64-2_ 


@leopeva64-2_ wrote:

@HotCakeXit doesn't matter? of course it matters, because in your post you say it was removed, but you don't clarify that it could be part of the Controlled feature roll-outs or that it could have been removed for some insiders and for others not, I am showing that this feature was not removed in all cases.


it "could", so not "sure".

I can't put false info there unless developers explicitly say that it's not a bug and rather a controlled feature roll out. so until then, I have no further info to add.

 

I'm seeing it on a variety of machines with different OSes (server and client) so it's more than just someone's experience.

 

Highlighted

@HotCakeX But you are saying that my comment doesn't matter, and it does matter because I am showing that some insiders still have that feature in this version.

Highlighted

@leopeva64-2_ 


@leopeva64-2_ wrote:

@HotCakeX But you are saying that my comment doesn't matter, and it does matter because I am showing that some insiders still have that feature in this version.


It doesn't matter because it doesn't help my situation, and you already said that multiple times I don't know what good it does to keep arguing about it?

 

if you wanna talk off topic, use the personal message

Highlighted

 

it doesn't help my situation

My comment helps others know that the feature was not removed for everyone, because anyone who reads the post (before my comment) will think that the feature was removed for everyone, and I'm sorry, but my comments are not off-topic, so I will continue to respond in this post if you also continue to respond.

Highlighted

Only 2 of multiple machines that I see this feature being removed from after updating from

Version 79.0.304.0 Canary to Version 79.0.305.0 Canary

 

 

Annotation 2019-10-16 011907.png

 

InkedAnnotation 2019-10-16 011445_LI.jpg

 

I could go on and on as the problem can easily be reproduced but those 2 example suffice to prove it.

Highlighted

@leopeva64-2_ 

Spoiler

@leopeva64-2_ wrote:

@HotCakeX My comment helps others know that the feature was not removed for everyone

And you already said the same thing multiple times, it's enough 

 


@leopeva64-2_ wrote:

 I will continue to respond in this post if you also continue to respond.


 

Ok I'm going to report this because this is going no where with you as your only intention here is Spamming.

Highlighted

From my understanding, @HotCakeX has an unresolved issue, while @leopeva64-2_ has indicated this is not an issue for everyone. However, it is clearly an issue for some people. 

 

These points can both be true and do not negate each other. Can we agree on that? 

 

I'm not going to close this post to new replies to allow for potential fixes to the issue, but please do not comment on the above points again.