Let me right click on the collections button and hide it like I did with the favorites button

8 Replies

Sorry to give this such a massive bump but does anyone have any idea if this is something that's planned? I HATE not being able to fully customise the icons to the right of the address bar. Loved when they added it to old Edge and sad to see another non-removable UI added in the beta.

@AdamLegge 

@AdamLegge wrote:

Sorry to give this such a massive bump but does anyone have any idea if this is something that's planned? I HATE not being able to fully customise the icons to the right of the address bar. Loved when they added it to old Edge and sad to see another non-removable UI added in the beta.

it's Not non-removable,

to remove Collections, go to edge://flags/

then disable this flag "Experimental Collections feature"

Annotation 2019-12-06 155725.png

@HotCakeX

But I don't want to remove the feature entirely, I just don't want the button on my toolbar. I'd still like it under the "..."

As the subject suggests - why is it any different to the favourites button?

Yeah i know but you mentioned in your post that it is non-removable so i thought you didn't know how to remove it, but sure yeah i also would like to be able to move icons between toolbar and menu, to have a fluid UI fully customizable

@pneenkoalabear 

Its the same with me, im just working with favorites not with the collections.

For me the Favorites are my collection ;)

So i wishedi could hide this button from the bar too.

Well special thanks @HotCakeX  for giving the tip with beeing able to disable the feature :)

May not the best solution to hide it but a good result for the first :)

You're welcome!
Hoping the devs see our conversation and request here :)

@pneenkoalabear 

Yes Please.

Any icon in that pane should be removable based on user needs.

For example my org will not do anything cloud based for business use so logging in to an MS account is not an option so the user button is just a waste of screen space. For someone not using collections - it is the same thing with that button