Kaspersky reports Edge 78.0.268.1 as Trojan

Brass Contributor

We use Kaspersky antivirus in our organization. It suddenly popped up today saying I had a Trojan. When I looked thru the Kaspersky logs for my PC, I saw it uninstall Edge Dev 78.0.268.1 back to 78.0.262.0. So it appears that Kaspersky thinks Edge 78.0.268.1 is a trojan.

6 Replies

@Margaret Auld-Louie 

FWIW, I just updated to 78.0.268.1 and got a firewall warning from Norton that it was not secure. 

Very curious to know what's triggered all of these AVs..

@HotCakeX  So would I. I updated Canary this morning and got no warning. There was no warning for Version 78.0.268.1 of Canary. So something in Dev is the trigger. The message from Norton was that there was an unsigned certificate. If I get the warning/message on the next update, I'll post it in its entirety.

you could try send the exact warning and details via the Edge feedback to the devs. the ability is added to the Edge dev now to record a problem and add it to the feedback

@Margaret Auld-Louie 

Mesmo problema aqui...

QuarentenaQuarentena

Defender ATP is blocking this version of Edge Dev from being installed or run because it is unsigned/untrusted.

Please can Microsoft clarify if this missing signature is a temporary mistake that will be fixed soon or if it is intentional and we should stop using Edge Dev; thanks