It's not Edge if it doesn't have these features!

Deleted
Not applicable

Please don't ship the new Edge out of beta without these features:

from most important to less in my opinion

1. Set Tabs Aside

2. Ask Cortana

3. Better Integration With native Windows 10 features (for example: native share dialoge, Acrylic material etc...)

4. The Shelf UI for bookmarks, history & downloads etc...

5. Add Notes (Inking)

75 Replies
Also, show just the Icon on Favorites Bar.
Yes All this plus "old Edge" has a much more slick menu for settings and favroites than "new edge does" please use that with a bit some transparency on the right most pane and material transparency to the left. Also Cortana sidebar sould hole the system theme and offer some fluent design.

I agree that the current Edge has some very unique Features that are missing now. For me, from the ones @Deleted mentioned "Set tabs aside" and "Inking" are the most important ones, but I also want to add the possibility to pin to the start menu or to the task bar. I heavily rely on this and hope we do not have to wait ages like when transitioning from IE to Edge ...

@Deleted I personally liked the Reading List and Reading View as well, I'm not seeing the option for those in this version? Maybe I am missing something.

@twelles reading view is listed in the "coming soon" section

@Deleted 

Set Tabs Aside is my most frequently used Edge feature. That's what keeps me from using other browsers. My 32" screen is shared by two Edge windows, each having their own sets of tabs. I want to be able to set aside my tabs real bad.

@Deleted + all of the replies!

This is great feedback.  We started with the fundamentals and will continue to ship features out as fast as we can.  Please continue to update your builds and let us know how we are doing.

Elliot

@Deleted I couldn't agree more.  I started using Edge as my daily browser as soon as it was released on Windows 10 and even prefer it on iOS to Safari.  The main reason I used Edge is because it is a smarter, more well organized browser than Chrome.  The current build is just chrome with a new name.  I think it will need to be stated over and over again that we still want Edge and not another Chrome.  Great start!

no the current microsoft edge doesnt have cortana on it.

@Deleted 

I would add proper implementation of fluent UI. Currently it is just chrome with a few bits on that don't really do much!

@Deleted 

A usefull feature. I wonder if anyone, like me, is looking at new edge and wondering if there is a whole load of point over chrome? It seems that retaining settings and tabs between devices is the only thing. Well Chrome can do that. I'll miss things like the notes and good feeling touch support and a decent ui on my surface if things don't change....

Don't forget the little tab previews!

Add tab previews, epub, pdf, OneNote features that were built in to UWP. And yes, epub, even without the books store, because it's the only native epub reader windows has and it works way better than anything else in the Microsoft Store.
I second that fully: inking, pin to start and task bar. And most importantly "Share"!

@Deleted 

Absolutely. The look, feel and features of "old edge" are what pushes me to use it. I love how well it integrates with the rest of the system, from the acrylic and theme matching to the inking and setting aside tabs. It truly blends and belongs on the system.

What would make "new" edge the best is just "old" edge using blink rather than edgeHTML.

What I fear is that most people will see the new edge and pass it up to download chrome simply because of the logo.

@Deleted 

I feel the same, but I think "ask cortana" was annoying. I want it to be optional, but I agree, it definetively shoud be an option, or its not Edge!

+1 for Set tabs aside & Inking
didnt realize Edge Dev was missing Cortana until i saw this post, but its also missing the ability to choose between "Save" and "Save As" when downloading content