SOLVED

Issues on MICROSOFT EDGE

Brass Contributor

Hey Everyone! 

Good evening for all of you, this is my first post here in this communitty and I'm here for asking some of you, how can I solve one issue which I've been experiencing since today. 

My Microsoft Edge has been working properly, but unfortunately and even suddenly, when I tried to checking for some new updates of my Microsoft Edge I could see the following issue that I can't solve this and this is happening only of this browser, all my computer has been working so well. 

Rafaelhilario_0-1618617573506.png

This issue starts to happening suddenly and I can't fix this. My internet connection is working well but I can't understand the reason this is happening. 

Could someone help me  to fixing this, please? 

Thank you so much!

I've fixed this problem by myself, all that I needed to do, it was disable the hardware acceleration., this browser always have problem when this option is turned on the same issue occurs when I try to watching Netflix using the Microsoft Edge browser, it's just happens when the hardware accelerations is turned on. On the Netflix I see the issue Pardon with an error code and I can't see my shows for this reason. 

Rafaelhilario_0-1618620681204.png

I still need to waiting for a long time to see if my Microsoft Edge is up to date but I don't see this issue anymore. 

Thank you so much everyone for all.

11 Replies
best response confirmed by Rafaelhilario (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
it was a temporary issue, many people were experiencing it, even saw tweets about it, but now I'm checking and it's fixed now. I'm testing it on Edge stable, Dev and Canary channels.
so just check for update again, hopefully you see it's fixed too.
Thank you so much for your efforts to help me.
When I have time I will check it again and see if this bug was fixed.

I'll be here soon to say it.
Yeah! Now it's working as usual after the new updated.

Thank you so much!
We still waiting for a fixing with the Netflix's issue, when we're using this browser.
You're welcome ^^
please do send feedback using the feedback button on Edge about your Netflix issue, when visiting Netflix website.
from Edge's (...) menu button => Help and feedback => Send feedback

Okay.

Thank you so much for everything.
You're very welcome :3
A lot of people were reporting the same issue.

Though I do find it odd how it suggests users add "MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe" into their firewall exceptions when, by-default, they don't even add that exception into the Windows 10 built-in firewall exceptions list! Surely they could? The main edge.exe process does get automatically added...
Bugs are odd, but there are many situations where people have a strict firewall rules, that's when that message in Edge updater is relevant for.
Sure, but my point still stands: why doesn't Edge add that executable into the Windows Firewall (or Windows Security Firewall, in recent Windows 10 versions) by-default? It adds the main "edge.exe" process by-default, but not the one suggested there?

Is it asking too-much to expect Microsoft to add that exception into the Windows built-in firewall, given both products are made by, you-know... Microsoft?

@dftf-wip 

Spoiler

@dftf-wip wrote:
Sure, but my point still stands: why doesn't Edge add that executable into the Windows Firewall (or Windows Security Firewall, in recent Windows 10 versions) by-default? It adds the main "edge.exe" process by-default, but not the one suggested there?

Is it asking too-much to expect Microsoft to add that exception into the Windows built-in firewall, given both products are made by, you-know... Microsoft?

Because it's already working properly.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rafaelhilario (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
it was a temporary issue, many people were experiencing it, even saw tweets about it, but now I'm checking and it's fixed now. I'm testing it on Edge stable, Dev and Canary channels.
so just check for update again, hopefully you see it's fixed too.

View solution in original post