SOLVED

Issue in in-built feedback in Microsoft Edge

Silver Contributor

When started sending feedback to Microsoft about Microsoft Edge, I liked the e-mail based updating about a feature where we can include our e-mail address and get updated about what is happening about that feedback. But I am seeing this for months that when I send these feedbacks, most of the feedback does not get the message about what happened to that feedback, whether it is implemented or not and if Microsoft is working on that feedback. I just get the thank you e-mail from different Edge feedback teams and then never get an e-mail about that feedback. 

3 Replies

@TheShaunSaw Interesting observation.

I've checked-in with our Feedback team about this, and will let you know if they have any information to share.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Any update about this?
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw Thanks for the follow-up on this. Yes! Our feedback team confirmed that you should receive a confirmation email after every feedback submission. After that, our team sorts feedback into different categories, depending on its content and whether or not it's regarding a new issue or "upvoting" a known one. Depending on which category a submission falls in, and where the team is with that action, you may or may or may not receive an email about it. So please don't worry, it might just mean that the feedback is in limbo as the team decides if/how to move forward with it.

However, we hear that getting updates on feedback is important to our community, and we're actively discussing ways to increase communication around the process.

Fawkes (they/them)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw Thanks for the follow-up on this. Yes! Our feedback team confirmed that you should receive a confirmation email after every feedback submission. After that, our team sorts feedback into different categories, depending on its content and whether or not it's regarding a new issue or "upvoting" a known one. Depending on which category a submission falls in, and where the team is with that action, you may or may or may not receive an email about it. So please don't worry, it might just mean that the feedback is in limbo as the team decides if/how to move forward with it.

However, we hear that getting updates on feedback is important to our community, and we're actively discussing ways to increase communication around the process.

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post