SOLVED

is this new logo for edge chromium?

Deleted
Not applicable
80 Replies

@tomscharbach I totally agree with you about it being perfectly like it is, and I really like the touch that you made there. Just the Halo was my idea, but this looks like an even better solution!

Ignore the haters. This is a great concept and execution. It's round like all browser icons, but thanks to the cutout it has a distinctive silhouette which is readily identifiable in the macOS dock and (importantly) will read well at small sizes.

Trust me. Give it a week or two and you'll like it too.
Personally I rather like the new Edge logo, it does look kind of strange but it is nice.

@rickyromero 

@rickyromero wrote:
Ignore the haters. This is a great concept and execution. It's round like all browser icons, but thanks to the cutout it has a distinctive silhouette which is readily identifiable in the macOS dock and (importantly) will read well at small sizes.

Trust me. Give it a week or two and you'll like it too.

Haters?

Everybody is just giving their opinions

Oh wow, this is... Interesting!

I didn't really like it at first, but it's growing on me.
@tomscharbach's solution is much better though at conveying the e.

@KangjunHeo  Considering a strange recent loan from Google Material in MS Fluent, when Acryl, Reveal Highlight and Borders removing from the apps and replacing with some ugly inconsistent solution often with round corners, we have no power there. Some guys in MS decided In order to defeat Android, you must look like Android.

Spoiler
Win10x doesn't have Start menu it's Launcher now.

I guess new logo was designed as a sing that new edge is less corporate and more "fun" for the new users and this is pretty reasonable but disappointingly for die-hard edge users who liked it's minimalistic and slick look even with freaking out technical features. New logo inherited nothing when nobody asked about that. Ironically people asked about radical re-design many years ago because Edge's logo was similar to notorious Internet Explorer.

reveallayers

@rickyromero How about ignore the lovers instead.

Why does the expression, "Don't sweat the small stuff", come to mind?  Reminds of the contour of corners.

The logo is ok.  People will either like it, get used to it or just take it & not care one way or the other or they will bother to hate it. So much in life is subjective or "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  But, ultimately, the logo, it is what it is...

The good thing here is that it has been changed from the past, period.  Personally, I prefer to lean of that is the cool part about this.

Cheers,
Drew

@Deleted Highlight the icon on the desktop, right click, properties, change icon.  Click Browse, Peruse to the original version of edge at C:\Windows\Systemapps\<icrosoft.edge_* , click the Edge.exe file, and click on its icon, then save.  Just keep a copy of the old edge .exe file with the icon in it on your computer somewhere where you can use it.

@Davenlr 

Or, Dave, we could, always, accept change.  (some) Humans have a hard time with that, it often seems.

We've had heaps of people stubbornly, stay on everything from XP to 8.1, even, though, we, now, have 10.  Like candy from a baby...

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew1903 

I like the new Edge logo very much, but staying on Windows XP and Windows 7 is not stubborn, it's called nostalgia and compatibility, thank you very much! Do you know what DOS games are and where not to play it? Still new browsers require new logo's, imagine the old Edge having the Internet Explorer logo, that's why. If you don't like it, use the old Edge, than don't bother the new one. But if you don't like the old Edge, that's where new Edge is made for. I'm however an enthusiast who likes all milestone versions of Microsoft browsers and like to annoy people with that, mainly including Internet explorer 5x. Don't be bothered by that, they really must include old Edge in Internet explorer mode though, I think. Have a wonderful day!

@WarGamex 

@WarGamex wrote:

How about ignore the lovers instead.

Haha sorry what 

@kevincrans 

@kevincrans wrote:

I like the new Edge logo very much, but staying on Windows XP and Windows 7 is not stubborn, it's called nostalgia and compatibility, thank you very much! Do you know what DOS games are and where not to play it? Still new browsers require new logo's, imagine the old Edge having the Internet Explorer logo, that's why. If you don't like it, use the old Edge, than don't bother the new one. But if you don't like the old Edge, that's where new Edge is made for. I'm however an enthusiast who likes all milestone versions of Microsoft browsers and like to annoy people with that, mainly including Internet explorer 5x. Don't be bothered by that, they really must include old Edge in Internet explorer mode though, I think. Have a wonderful day!

You're right about compatibility. thought with Windows 10 they chose a different approach, because it stays Windows 10 (been 5 years now) but each time it gets new features.

I have hardware, really old ones, that only have Windows 7 drivers, and I can still use them on Windows 10. laptops however are a different story as their manufacturer keep them on a tight leash

@Drew1903 

@Drew1903 wrote:

@Davenlr 

Or, Dave, we could, always, accept change.  (some) Humans have a hard time with that, it often seems.

We've had heaps of people stubbornly, stay on everything from XP to 8.1, even, though, we, now, have 10.  Like candy from a baby...

Cheers,
Drew

there are countless, literally countless, articles about problems in Windows 10. it's definitely not like a candy or flawless..also those on Windows 8.1 and XP Paid money for them.

It's too similar to Firefox's logo. specially Firefox Nightly which has a more beautiful and vibrant icon than this new Edge logo

@Deleted Bad on Start. Why waste a decade making icons 2D flat? Not a good image.

@kevincrans 

Hey, Kevin, running an XP machine is perfectly ok as long as it's not connected to the Net; soon the same can be said for 7. Fact is unsupported machines (OSs) are vulnerable and dangerous to (all) computers across the Globe if connected to the Net.  

And when Edge C goes GA it will replace the current Edge.  As for the Edge features & abilities most of us want kept... Edge C is not finished.  Let's not give up hope.  It has been alleged that all will be in by GA time.

Cheers,
Drew

Without Internet how to use Microsoft Edge browsers?

@WarGamex wrote:

Bad on Start. Why waste a decade making icons 2D flat? Not a good image.

not only that, they also made it too small on the start menu. just compare it with Firefox nightly's icon...

Annotation 2019-11-07 134102.png

@Drew1903 I think the user-base of Windows old is low, so I'm not concerned for the lack of interest from hackers on these OS. However, I'm also afraid the new Edge will replace the old Edge, it was the only browser which didn't had the 'Div that looks different on every browser'-bug and had exclusive features, Chrome couldn't compare to. that's why they either have to add it to Internet Explorer mode, or launch it as additional Windows feature, or it'll make a lot of users very angry including me. Besides, it had Aero, who wouldn't want that? However, it has lack of features new Edge does have, for example, when u zoom new Edge shows what your zoom level is while zooming. I do indeed think that icon looks to small. They should also have large tiles, like UWP apps.