Is the new design for InPrivate still in A/B test

Brass Contributor

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Here is a compare of old and new design, but only one of my computer have new design...

5 Replies
Hi,
yes that's right, it's part of the controlled feature roll out. I have never even seen that new design until now in your screenshot :)
would you mind mentioning which Edge insider channel and version are you using?
also how long it's been available?

@HotCakeX Both 81.0.367.0 with Canary channel, appears on my another device (a Surface Pro) around Dec. 5

Oh okay so the latest canary, same as me.
it's because it's not available for everyone, CFR or A/B.

Update, I got the new InPrivate mode design too!

so yesterday I installed the latest Edge canary (Version 81.0.368.0) but that didn't change anything. today I cleared everything (website data, app data, cache, cookies etc) in my Edge because I was having some problem and then I noticed I have the new InPrivate design!

that made me think that Microsoft is actually controlling who gets what features using the cookies saved in user's device. I don't think Microsoft has an active online server that controls and tracks the controlled feature roll-out or A/B testing.

I will try this again in the future to be 100% sure. anyway thanks for sharing the news about it :)

gfdgf.png

I like that when searching in Bing from the InPrivate window, we get the black Bing icon (top-left)

hgfhfghgf.png

versus the normal Bing icon which is green

fdsfds.png