Instant Search (Android Edge)

Iron Contributor

I opened up Edge on my android phone about a month ago and I found a new feature where a search box card would open up from below giving me search results whenever I highlighted anything. Unfortunately, I had to reset my phone a while back and I got put into an old version of Edge on android with the old UI. The new UI was just updated for me a few days ago, but the instant search function has not come back yet. Has the feature been removed? It really liked it. 

8 Replies
Hi,
I think you were using Edge beta on Android and now you're back to stable channel
Any way to go back though?

@Alexei_Drekker 

Search for Microsoft Edge on Google play, scroll down and there should be a place where you can enroll in Beta program.

When I go to Google play on my phone (Android 9), i see this because I already enrolled in Beta program

photo_2019-12-31_21-52-18.jpg

I am already enrolled in the program.
Try uninstall and reinstall it again?

The new UI is an A/B testing. You can try triggering it by syncing your favorites with the new Edge instead of Legacy

Nope. Did not work. Oh well.
I actually was not talking about the new UI. I already have it. I was talking about the instant search thing where I get search results from bing from highlighted text.