Installing Chromium Edge stable release

Brass Contributor

Now that the stable release is available, I've read the deployment articles but I still have questions.

I have PCs where the Dev and/or Beta version is already installed. I understand that the stable release will hide the legacy Edge but what will happen to the Dev and Beta versions that are installed? Will they be hidden or removed?

Also, when the stable release is installed, will it allow the migration of favorites, etc. from any browser that is installed or will it automatically migrate favorites, etc. from the legacy Edge and ignore anything else?

1 Reply
Hi,
no they won't be hidden nor removed.
you can install and use all 4 channels (Stable, Beta, Dev, Canary) on the same computer without any problem whatsoever.

the latter, it automatically migrate favorites, etc. from the legacy Edge and ignore anything else. by ignore I mean it won't do that automatically and lets the user (you) import your data from other browsers only if you want to :)

by the way, you can also use Edge stable and Edge legacy side by side
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/deployedge/microsoft-edge-sysupdate-access-old-edge#how-to-enable-a...