Instagram stories looks bad

Copper Contributor

When i see instagram stories it looks very bad. I've tried check it in Chrome and it looks well.

Tried to find out some setting, but nothing helps me

I blurred only nickname

Stories • Instagram 2021-04-12 22-16-08.png

12 Replies
Hi,
which Edge version does this happen on? and also please try disabling all of your extensions and see if it changes anything.

you can also clear browser cache data from here: edge://settings/clearBrowserData
that sometimes fixes website loading issues as well.
hope that helps

@HotCakeX i have same issue on mobile phone (i don't have any extensions there)

Also i tried to clear all caches and did not get any result on desktop

2021-04-13 09.43.47.jpg

Here is diff on same page with chrome and edge. I found missing srcset in edgeDevTools - www.instagram.com_stories_onnepoke_2550098269848440169_ 2021-04-13 10-03-14.png

I tried Instagram stories on my Edge Version 89.0.774.76 (Official build) (64-bit)
and also Version 91.0.845.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
I have a bunch of extensions too. everything loaded correctly (I'm on Windows)
I don't know exactly how it looks bad for you, couldn't notice it from the screenshot you attached in the first post.

I think at this point the best way is to send a feedback using the feedback button on Edge.
press Edge's (...) menu button => Help and feedback => send feedback

you can then click on attachment, go to recreate my problem, start recording, and while it's recording, reproduce the problem again and send it.

@HotCakeX here is the diff (left - chrome, right - edge)

Will try send feedback

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 11.24.29.png

missed image

Ah so it looks blurry,
hopefully the feedback you send will be useful in determining the source of the problem.

in the meantime, you can try changing hardware acceleration, restart browser and see if it makes any difference: edge://settings/system

and you're not using any custom flags, right? edge://flags/
Yeah, i'm using default browser settings and already tried to disable hw acceleration, but nothing help
Okay, if you entered your email in the feedback, Edge team will contact you if they need more information.
I have the same problem too on my MacBook. In Chrome it is good quality, in Edge static images in Instagram stories are always blurred.

@Никита Глазов thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.  when I used Edge to view the story, the image returned from IG CDN is of smaller size and dimension, much less than 10KB and is 480x240 usually.  when I used firefox to view exactly the same story, the image returned from IG CDN is relatively larger, around 33KB and it's about 850x480 pixel.

Specifically to my own IG story, its image URL made by Edge is started with https://instagram.fhkg3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p240x240/. and the one made by Firefox is started with https://instagram.fhkg3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p480x480/ 

If we look at the JSON response from the media network call, you will see there are 12 diff. dimensions for Edge to choose, e.g. https://i.instagram.com/api/v1/feed/reels_media/?reel_ids={your IG id here}.  Then you can see there are 13 choices of dimensions under "reels_media[0].items[0].image_versions2".

I believe you are right that the attribute "srcset" is missing in Edge, such that the response image handling logic is not triggered, as shown in:

var s = i(d[0])(function () {
return !r(d[1]).isBrowser('Edge') && 'srcset' in document.createElement('img')
}),

The app is good, but it's been glitching a lot. I can't watch all the stories because the videos freeze after a few seconds and I can only listen to the audio. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, but it didn't work. Instagram video downloader 2x officialhttps://downloader2x.com/en/

I know my reply is a bit late, but I’d like to chime in. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies on the Instagram app? That might help improve the display. Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection as it can affect how images and videos load. On a side note, I wanted to mention that I actually promote my brand through an Instagram blog as well. I've found that using the services of an Instagram influencer marketing agency has been really helpful in creating top-notch content, including stories. It could be worth exploring if you're looking to enhance your Instagram presence.