inspect

Copper Contributor

Hi,  Congratulations to all the hard working developers with Edge Chromium, I really like the look and feel of the new browser.

However, maybe one suggestion. As a web developer,  I use the inspect function (right click on webpage and inspect) a lot to find code problems and or try different options, but my honest opinion is that the way the code was displayed / offered in IE was more easy to work with than the way it is displayed now in Edge Chromium (or the chrome way)  Don't know about other people, but I would suggest that if possible to keep the old format of working with and displaying or inspect source code the way it was before Edge Chromium.

4 Replies
Hi,
are you talking about the developer tools and its element picker? which you can use either by pressing F12 or right-click and choose "inspect"
or are you talking about "view source code" option in the right-click menu?

Hi @HotCakeX 

I am talking about the developer tools element picker, the one when you right click and choose "inspect" The layout for me was much easier to work with in the pre-chromium style. The screen split horizontally with the element picker below in a resizable windows, the chromium one is very cluttered and cramped in on the right hand side of the screen, maybe it is just me, but I liked the pre-chromium style better.

You can re-position it and put it at the bottom to use it horizontally
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10023640/how-to-reposition-chrome-developer-tools

@bulletjie Thanks for the feedback. Can you try the latest version of Canary and let us know if that resolved any of your suggestions? (And as @HotCakeX mentioned/demonstrated in this post, it's now possible to change the location of the dev tools window.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge