InPrivate on taskbar

Copper Contributor

right clicking on the icon on taskbar should have a line for open a new InPrivate window (like Opera). 

11 Replies
Works for me?

Same issue for me.  When I right click the pinned icon, I just see: "Microsoft Edge Dev", "Unpin from taskbar", "Close Window", and any sites I've pinned.

@tigrebleu It works for me.

I'm using Microsoft Edge Version 76.0.159.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

image.png

@cbomtempo Same for me, it doesn't work. version 76.0.162.0 window build: 18898tasks.jpg

@tigrebleu Doesn't work for me either. I'm on version 76.0.159.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) [Win 10 Home in Finnish, latest slow ring updates installed, build 18362.113] and seeing this:

Huomautus 2019-05-17 214758.png

@jelle kok @tigrebleu @Jinseng I found some users complaining about a similar issue in Chrome and this is how they fixed it. I don't know if it'll work or if you'll loose all you setting/extensions, but maybe you will sync them back and do not lose anything:

1. Start by right clicking the Start button then click on Run.
  2. Then type %AppData% and hit enter. Now you should get an window with the current user's AppData\Roaming folder.
  3. Go back one level to just AppData.
  4. Then go into Local\Microsoft\Edge (Dev Or Canary).
  5. In this folder is a folder called "User Data."
  6. If you haven't already, close Edge and make sure all msedge.exe processes have been killed.
  7. Then unpin Edge from the taskbar and start menu. If you need to, remove it from the start menu list as well. Now just delete the User Data folder. 
  8. The next time you start Edge it will think you just installed it onto a brand new system and should fix itself.

@cbomtempo I tried this and it didn't work.  Thanks for the thought and detailed instructions.  I'm guessing they'll fix this as they progress with toward release.

I just downloaded the latest Canary release and I still have the issue.  There must be something wrong on my system, but I don't know what.

the official beta does not have the "InPrivate" right-click menu item...le bêta officiel n'a pas l'item "InPrivate" du menu...

@tigrebleu That seems Odd to me.  I switched to Canary since it was missing from my Edge Dev build but other people have it in theirs.  I was hoping that using a different installer would fix my issue.