InPrivate Crashing Version 89.0.774.77

Copper Contributor

On the Version 89.0.774.77 Official Build, randomly Microsoft edge will stop responding and freeze during youtube videos in InPrivate 

My update screen currently says this:

An error occurred while checking for updates: Unable to connect to the Internet. If you use a firewall, please allowlist MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe. (error code 7: 0x800421F7 -- system level).

Update: So I managed to get the update to work, but the issue still happens. Edge suddenly takes over 3000MB of memory while on youtube randomly and the whole thing just freezes. Anyone know why?

5 Replies
Hi,
update your Edge stable to 90.0.818
Hi,
my update screen says this:
An error occurred while checking for updates: Unable to connect to the Internet. If you use a firewall, please allowlist MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe. (error code 7: 0x800421F7 -- system level).
Hi Rash03

I had the same issue when trying to update: first try just refreshing the page and you may find the update eventually does work. Or try logging into your PC as a local admin account (one where when you answer a UAC prompt to install or remove software, you only have to click Yes to confirm, not choose an account and then enter the password for that account) and run Edge there and try the update.

Mine did eventually go through.

If your computer is running Windows 10 Version 2004 or older, or Windows 8.1 or 7, you could also uninstall Edge and reinstall it via the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/download website. (This cannot be done on Windows 10 20H2 or later, however, as Edge is now classed as being "built-in" and you cannot uninstall it.)
So I managed to get the update to work, but the issue still happens. Edge suddenly takes over 3000MB of memory while on youtube randomly and the whole thing just freezes. Anyone know why?

@Rash03 

it's best to report it using the feedback button on Edge.

press Edge's (...) menu button => Help and feedback => Send feedback