Inconsistent Pinned sites in VERTICAL TABS (images are attached)

Steel Contributor

@Deleted Pinned sites in the vertical tabs side bar are inconsistent. Like they show the label when sidebar is unpinned but labels are absent when sidebar is pinned. Look at the attached screenshots.

Website Label Absent when sidebar is PINNED.

pinned.png

Website Label Present when sidebar is UNPINNED.

unpinned.png

34 Replies

fdfs.png

That's right, whether vertical tabs sidebar is pinned or unpinned, only the icon of the websites that are pinned should be displayed, not their titles.

@hussain5416 and @HotCakeX, looping back to this: are you still seeing this inconsistency? It looks like it might have been fixed!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

Hi,

yes i'm still seeing that,

Edge Version 88.0.704.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@Deleted It's fixed for me.

@HotCakeX That's good to know. I'm seeing a number of work items around this, so if you haven't yet, can you submit feedback and diagnostics? 

Fawkes (they/them)

The topic could be confusing, I don't think you're testing the correct thing.
can you show a video?
the problem is in pinned website while vertical tabs panel is Not pinned.
Well you're doing it wrong. like I said it's Not about vertical tabs panel being pinned.
read the topic again. this problem is Not fixed yet.

@Deleted 

Sure, will do it.

Yeah, that problem is not fixed yet. It's still there. @Deleted

The issue with Pinned tabs seems to be fixed, but the issue with Tab groups is still visible. If I make a Tab group, it overlaps over the other tabs, whether they are pinned or not.

image.png

@Rohit Yadav To confirm, are you using the "" flag? If so, that's not fully supported within the browser at this time, so you may see some odd behaviors like that. Feel free to still report it through the feedback tool though, so our team can keep track of those UI issues.

Fawkes (they/them)

Hey @Deleted, hope you're doing great! Thank you for the heads up, I will report it using the Feedback Tool.

@Rohit Yadav 

Spoiler

@Rohit Yadav wrote:

The issue with Pinned tabs seems to be fixed, but the issue with Tab groups is still visible. If I make a Tab group, it overlaps over the other tabs, whether they are pinned or not.

image.png

the problem Hussein described above, It's not fixed, Edge canary Version 88.0.705.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

(not to be confused with pinning vertical tabs). it's about pinning websites In vertical tabs, and when you pin a site, it still has its title, which shouldn't happen. because when vertical tabs is off, pinned websites never have titles.

@HotCakeX Oops, just reproduced it and yes, needs a bit of fixing. Apologies for the misunderstanding :(

@HotCakeX 

it's about pinning websites In vertical tabs.

Ah, that clarification makes all the difference, thank you. I see what you mean now, and can repro it on my machine. @hussain5416 , I can't find a current bug for this, so I'll pass it along to the team directly. (However, any diagnostics are still helpful!)

@Rohit Yadav I just found an active bug for the tab grouping in vertical tabs, so it looks like the team is already working on it! :)

Fawkes (they/them)

Thanks, i'll use problem recreate in a feedback and send it now.
btw, do you search through feedbacks by searching for a keyword?

@HotCakeX Great, thanks! Sometimes, it depends on the issue. Feel free to include the URL of this forum thread ("https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/inconsistent-pinned-sites-in-vertical-tabs-images...) in the feedback comments. 

Fawkes (they/them)